London Climate Disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would defend anyone’s right to protest but I would also drag someone blocking my route to work straight out of the road by their hair.

Protesting global warming by stopping public transport :rolleyes: anyone would think that a variety of measures aren’t already in place to reduce global warming.

Think one of the demands was to cease all use of carbon fuels by 2021 :lol: then there was that daft bint actress who flew over from the states to join in. Suppose they all walked to London to be a part of it.

f***ing hypocrites the lot of them and I genuinely hope they all get some unpleasant but not life threatening ailment from lying on the road.

Don’t buy the hypocrisy argument.

We all exist in a world where carbon consumption is the norm. Assuming they minimise use where they can in other areas of their life I can see decent grounds for use of resources in what they see as a positive manner.

We all exist in a world where carbon consumption is the norm. Assuming they minimise use where they can in other areas of their life I can see decent grounds for use of resources in what they see as a positive manner.
That would depend on how restrictive the edicts of the supergluers are. You can't really take a plane if you are arguing all plane journeys should be banned. No matter how inconvenient it is.

Who decides what is a justified use of carbon? It seems like the protesters think this is but other things aren't :confused:

I don’t think it applies in all cases but there’s plenty of gobshites out there who will say one thing and do another because it’s inconvenient for them to follow their own principles.

They can do what they like, as long as they don’t start pointing the finger at others.

I don’t think it applies in all cases but there’s plenty of gobshites out there who will say one thing and do another because it’s inconvenient for them to follow their own principles.

They can do what they like, as long as they don’t start pointing the finger at others.

Pointing the finger in an Italian manner?

Nonsense. If you’re going to carry out extreme protests you should have extreme conviction in your own actions. It’s like me being a hardline vegan who puts sand in tractor petrol tanks because I have two meat free days a week.

Nonsense. If you’re going to carry out extreme protests you should have extreme conviction in your own actions. It’s like me being a hardline vegan who puts sand in tractor petrol tanks because I have two meat free days a week.

That’s an extremely silly stance to take. People have to be able to protest somehow and you can’t really do that by living in a tree in Gloucestershire wearing clothes made out of leaves.

That’s an extremely silly stance to take. People have to be able to protest somehow and you can’t really do that by living in a tree in Gloucestershire wearing clothes made out of leaves.
They should make an effort to get their own house in order before complaining about others surely? Otherwise it's a case of do as I say not as I do.

You can do it peacefully without glueing yourself to public transport and preventing normal people getting to work.

Do they care about the average joe who can’t afford a day unpaid because he can’t get to work? Seemingly not.

Or indeed families who’ve saved up to go on holiday etc. Airplanes are the devil for people going on holiday but fine for high profile actresses who want to join the protest.

Their house may well be in order. I haven’t reviewed the lifestyles of every single one of the protestors (or any of them). Have you?

Someone already has a few posts up in response to you, the actress who flew from LA to be there, her defence was I plant a lot of trees...

One of them took a taxi to go on LBC, could’ve got the tube or cycled like they are demanding everyone else to do.

Damaged property at the Shell HQ.

Hypocrites.

Someone already has a few posts up in response to you, the actress who flew from LA to be there, her defence was I plant a lot of trees...

One of them took a taxi to go on LBC, could’ve got the tube or cycled like they are demanding everyone else to do.

Damaged property at the Shell HQ.

Hypocrites.

So an actress flying somewhere and a person getting a taxi?

There’s a clip from Have I Got News For You of Louise Mensch criticising the Occupy protestors for having coffee from a major American company. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the hypocrisy point.

All the pissing and whingeing I see on here comes across as deflection.

The protestors won’t be perfect and some might be misinformed about their own lifestyles, and their method of protest might rankle with some. It doesn’t detract from the fact they’ve shone a light on a massive, massive issue. It’s made a lot of people feel incredibly uncomfortable - it’s obvious from the reactions you see.

Their house may well be in order. I haven’t reviewed the lifestyles of every single one of the protestors (or any of them). Have you?
No I haven't. I'm commenting on the discussion regarding protesters requiring extreme conviction in their actions. I have heard the leader of the campaign likes his skiing holidays though.

No I haven't. I'm commenting on the discussion regarding protesters requiring extreme conviction in their actions. I have heard the leader of the campaign likes his skiing holidays though.

I must have missed the point at which we decided protestors must have extreme conviction in their actions. Who decided that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back