London Climate Disruption

I do think the country as a whole needs to change it's long term environmental strategy to make us carbon neutral but it would require absolutely huge infrastructure investment. I imagine some of the things I would propose would be hugely unpopular with many people. I would:
  • Invest massively in fracking for 10 years
  • Build massive haulage depots in every region similar to container ports
  • Release wolves and lynx into selected remote areas then plant trees
  • Massively expand public transport infrastructure like the Metro
  • Build several new towns in the UK with ground/air source heat pumps and solar required in planning
I would ring fence all revenue we receive from fracking to pay towards the infrastructure investment.

How the fuck would extracting and burning more fossil fuel help reduce carbon?

I agree that urgent change is required but there is sizeable change being made. We can’t ban cars overnight, we can’t stop burning fossil fuels overnight. Change takes time and the current timescales set out, whether quick enough or not, are realistic and doable.

We can’t ban cars, period! People will always want and need personal transport. Manufacturing of Diesels and petrols will be phased out, and they’ll all be electric. No private cars would be bad for the economy, and would be extremely unpopular with the general public.

What an awful piece of video footage attempted to pass off as journalism

Well, she’s biased, of course, but she’s not passing herself off as impartial.. It doesn’t alter the fact that the climate change protesters humiliated themselves when challenged.

Last edited:
We can’t ban cars, period! People will always want and need personal transport. Manufacturing of Diesels and petrols will be phased out, and they’ll all be electric. No private cars would be bad for the economy, and would be extremely unpopular with the general public.

Well, she’s biased, of course, but she’s not passing herself off as impartial.. It doesn’t alter the fact that the climate change protesters humiliated themselves when challenged.

They did true.

Even not being impartial aside the standard and quality was awful.

When she was talking about that Greta girl she mentioned she had aspergers, I thought in a derogatory way. I don’t think that needed mentioning at all and is the first time I have ever heard it mentioned.

I of course should have specified I meant combustion engines. Even if everyone went electric overnight, we don’t have the grid capacity for that from renewables. I can’t be arsed to research it but I’d be surprised if the efficiency of a coal power station was as high as that of a modern petrol engine. Be interesting to compare the carbon footprint of each per mile say, an electric car being charged by a coal power station may be more polluting than a turbocharged modern petrol.

Great source, haway man you only have to look around you to know that climate change is happening.....When I was a kid in the 80s we have proper snow every single winter, not a little dusting and a bit of frost but proper deep snow.......We get it for about 5 minutes now, usually in f***ing April. The polar ice caps are melting away, they are disappearing, this isnt made up its just happening.

Oh lord, not that again. Have they taken Geri Halliwell's name off it yet? How about Charles Darwin or John Grisham or Michael J Fox?

Tons of names on there are bogus, and those that are verifiable are overwhelmingly in disciplines that have nothing to do with atmospheric science or climatology...most of them being engineers.

Bizarre thinking that all 'scientists' (and engineers aren't scientists) are qualified on pronouncing on all aspects of science. Do we ask a geologist's opinion on gene sequencing? Or a climatologist to explain the neurobiology of sharks?

They did true.

Even not being impartial aside the standard and quality was awful.

When she was talking about that Greta girl she mentioned she had aspergers, I thought in a derogatory way. I don’t think that needed mentioning at all and is the first time I have ever heard it mentioned.

I absolutely agree, there. I’ve almost certainly got Asperger’s myself - I thought perhaps I was being a bit over sensitive but obviously not. Her implication seemed to be that Asperger’s = a bit simple/slow and their opinions count for nothing. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

It was lovely today having the positive protesters about.

Made me quite emotional and on my way home I was just thinking what a fuckimg top city London is and how fortunate we are to be allowed such freedoms.

I'm still going on holiday :confused::lol:

Consumption is a shit addiction to break, fuck knows how the state is going to wean us off it. Will it be a hard or soft weaning.;)

I of course should have specified I meant combustion engines. Even if everyone went electric overnight, we don’t have the grid capacity for that from renewables. I can’t be arsed to research it but I’d be surprised if the efficiency of a coal power station was as high as that of a modern petrol engine. Be interesting to compare the carbon footprint of each per mile say, an electric car being charged by a coal power station may be more polluting than a turbocharged modern petrol.

Electric's not a panacea.

Last edited:
Consumption is a shit addiction to break, fuck knows how the state is going to wean us off it. Will it be a hard or soft weaning.;)

Yeah I mean, people assume that electric cars would suddenly heal the planet. Reality is they’re probably worse than combustion engine cars to manufacture due to the batteries. And they’re only as clean as the method of charging them.

The only way to control consumption without banning things completely is give each household a carbon budget which could be based on what electricity supplier you use, what type of car you drive, where you travel and how, what type of food you buy and where it comes from. Alternatively the government could fundamentally change the way it thinks about things and look for sensible long term strategies that could benefit more than just the environment because we still need to live.

Taking the piss aren’t they? They don’t even pay road tax.

I absolutely agree, there. I’ve almost certainly got Asperger’s myself - I thought perhaps I was being a bit over sensitive but obviously not. Her implication seemed to be that Asperger’s = a bit simple/slow and their opinions count for nothing. It couldn’t be further from the truth.

That was how I saw it and given which youtube channel it was on it doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Just another category of the public that rebel media don’t like.

Hope I get to see the ‘reporter’ sometime when I am working, will happily give her my opinions of her.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure I have myself although I've never felt the need to be assessed. I have 2 kids diagnosed with ASD and one getting assessed. My oldest son has learning difficulties but the other two are just a bit weird and nerdy with unusual tastes :lol:.

The only way to control consumption without banning things completely is give each household a carbon budget which could be based on what electricity supplier you use, what type of car you drive, where you travel and how, what type of food you buy and where it comes from. Alternatively the government could fundamentally change the way it thinks about things and look for sensible long term strategies that could benefit more than just the environment because we still need to live.

Probably end up taxing us out of bad habits, like happened with smoking, once they've thought up another scam, sorry healthy/educational business we can't live without so as to get us to relinquish our cash and keep behaving like sheep.

people are killing the planet

you only have to see that giant trawler that sailed up the thames the other day..it can catch 2.3 million fish per trip

100 million sharks are killed by people a year

how is any of this sustainable...it cant be

the world will be better off without people..we will make ourselves and everything else extinct

Back