London Climate Disruption

Read this the other day and now oscillate between becoming an eco warrior or saying did it we've got no chance of coming back from this.

To Save Ourselves It's Time to Rethink Our Economic System, Warn Scientists
The trouble is the places that will be worst affected by climate change are going to do the least about it. The USA has vast areas of densely populated low lying land that will suffer the fate of New Orleans. Likewise China and India. The USA will also be inundated with refugees on a scale that no wall will stop.

The truth is our country will be affected to a much lesser degree than most. We should do what we can but I'm not going to dwell on it.

We need to do more recycling wise by enforcing companies to comply with a new recycling campaign. Returnable plastic bottles, stop disposables, clamp down on packaging etc However, we are not the enemy here, the USA, China and India are the problem. One of the good points that actor bloke on QT raised last night was the elephant in the room, population.

Thanks for that, I’ve got that f***ing stupid song stuck in my head now.

Who built the ark?
Noah! Noah!

Etc.

Mind, there’s worse ear worms than that. Baby Shark anyone? :lol:

I have had almost two weeks now of various songs from Now, thats what I call climate change

Whose streets?, our streets

Power to the people

People gonna rise like the water

And many many more

Thanks for that, I’ve got that f***ing stupid song stuck in my head now.

Who built the ark?
Noah! Noah!

Etc.

Mind, there’s worse ear worms than that. Baby Shark anyone? :lol:
To the tune of 'the wheels on the bus' which is a twat anyway

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves etc. etc. Bastard

We need to do more recycling wise by enforcing companies to comply with a new recycling campaign. Returnable plastic bottles, stop disposables, clamp down on packaging etc However, we are not the enemy here, the USA, China and India are the problem. One of the good points that actor bloke on QT raised last night was the elephant in the room, population.

They are only polluting because we are buying/consuming. They are dealers serving our addiction. This is a global not national issue. Like you say we can all do more but we need leadership and I don't see it anywhere.

The amount of McDonald's rubbish kicking about is incredible. I'd force them to hire a mobile workforce to clean the f***ing streets. Also cctv in their car parks and fine the absolute balloon knots that don't put their shite in the bin.

The amount of McDonald's rubbish kicking about is incredible. I'd force them to hire a mobile workforce to clean the f***ing streets. Also cctv in their car parks and fine the absolute balloon knots that don't put their shite in the bin.
This

There are jobs I'd do for nowt and this is one of them. Fine the unsocial scratters that just chuck their shite down and ban them from McDonalds for a year. Might have the side effect of doing them some good as well

Take a read of this article;

BP starts up Clair Ridge production

And in particular this summary;

The new facilities, which required capital investment in excess of £4.5 billion, are designed for 40 years of production. The project has been designed to recover an estimated 640 million barrels of oil with production expected to ramp up to a peak at plateau level of 120,000 barrels per day.

This is one of many new offshore prospects coming on line this year and they are making new discoveries on a regular basis. In fact, the reserves that are more difficult to extract have meant the technology has evolved and has now opened up areas for exploration which wouldn’t have been considered viable only twenty years ago.

The resources are not as finite as some people believe, however, my main point is, whilst governments are imposing restrictions on emissions (and rightly so), unless there are serious viable alternatives, then this fuel will be used.

One little trick which will become prevalent in the next ten years too; in order to provide a more carbon neutral footprint, offshore O&G extraction companies are considering building local offshore wind farms to locally power the rig. They’ll not burn the oil or gas to locally generate power and therefore meet quotas, yet export billions of barrels for use elsewhere.

I was involved in the M400 'Bigfoot' project in the Gulf of Mexico. We were only allowed to run the engines for a maximum of 100 hours per year, so we ran on shore power. In what way is that helping the environment? It's a f***ing massive platform rig FFS, shore power isn't really reducing the carbon footprint of a 600 foot tall drilling platform, is it? I won't go into too much detail on what went on when I was in Russia last month, but let's just leave it at 'f***ing hell.'

I was involved in the M400 'Bigfoot' project in the Gulf of Mexico. We were only allowed to run the engines for a maximum of 100 hours per year, so we ran on shore power. In what way is that helping the environment? It's a f***ing massive platform rig FFS, shore power isn't really reducing the carbon footprint of a 600 foot tall drilling platform, is it? I won't go into too much detail on what went on when I was in Russia last month, but let's just leave it at 'f***ing hell.'

Arkutun Dagi?

I have had almost two weeks now of various songs from Now, thats what I call climate change

Whose streets?, our streets

Power to the people

People gonna rise like the water

And many many more
Are serious about climate change?

Back