London Climate Disruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logon or register to see this image

The clip of that man:lol:

I hope that sign is biodegradable
They look suitably embarrassed, or perhaps, duped, would be a better word.

They really need to find something better to do than back the big corporations on this climate change money making scam. Get a f***ing job.

Incredible how so many people are taken in by this. Man plays no part in this at all.

They really need to find something better to do than back the big corporations on this climate change money making scam. Get a f***ing job.

Incredible how so many people are taken in by this. Man plays no part in this at all.

If one wants to assess the quality of the argument that there is no such thing as man made climate change, it's instructive to look at who agrees with it, and why

So it's you causing the problems. We should send the middle class protesters round to your place. If you live in the Far East all the better. I'm sure they are well up for a jolly :D
Aye, but you have highlighted their gripe, the developed nations in the 19th and 20th centuries pumped their shite out, they have just caught up in power generation terms, and are now told you dirty animals by those who started the whole game off. I kind of exclude China somewhat, they have bags of cash, but you cannot sustaine renewables in that place right now, it’s huge and billions of them. That said they are getting into electric life in a big way compared to others.

They really need to find something better to do than back the big corporations on this climate change money making scam. Get a f***ing job.Incredible how so many people are taken in by this. Man plays no part in this at all.
Dangerously stupid this behaviour. Overwhelming scientific evidence says you're wrong but a handful of tub thumpers you keep quoting are correct yes?

Aye, but you have highlighted their gripe, the developed nations in the 19th and 20th centuries pumped their shite out, they have just caught up in power generation terms, and are now told you dirty animals by those who started the whole game off. I kind of exclude China somewhat, they have bags of cash, but you cannot sustaine renewables in that place right now, it’s huge and billions of them. That said they are getting into electric life in a big way compared to others.
I get what your saying. There are no easy solutions because other than the USA, the main culprits are playing catch up.

The protesters are not solving any problems despite raising awareness. Without a global will for change any costly changes we make is just symbolism.

Dangerously stupid this behaviour. Overwhelming scientific evidence says you're wrong but a handful of tub thumpers you keep quoting are correct yes?
People go from one extreme to the other. Of course climate change exists and mankind is having an effect on it. The trouble is we don't really know for sure the extent of that effect.

Last edited:
They are replacing the inefficient ones with more efficient ones, as the advances have come a long way in technology terms. That said coal fired is never up there in total efficiency, but if you have abundant amount of coal, its still the cheapest way for mass production of power. I’ve helped build and commission a fair few of them all around se Asia and they wouldn’t be signed off if they are not getting the most out of the coal volume to megawatts.
Interesting.
During the latter part of a less than illustrious career working in development in Africa, I would put forward the idea of establishing community-owned, small scale coal-fired power stations across Africa as a way of creating jobs, stimulating local industry, lighting schools and powering hospitals and clinics: all at a carbon cost similar to manufacturing solar panels and replacing batteries, and with greater energy efficiency. Because of the hold the anti-coal lobby had over donors, such ideas were initially politely ignored and, later, would have been career suicide to pursue.
On the other hand, solar schemes costing millions which delivered barely enough energy to light a clinic for three hours a day and just about keep a medical fridge going, while incurring huge environmental costs and serious sustainability concerns when the batteries needed replacing after five years, had the donors salivating.
The problem I have is that, at a time when cheap, efficient energy has led to, in global terms, the wealthiest, healthiest, most educated population in human history, the privileged west seems to be saying, "enough is enough, let's deny the enormous potential that plentiful energy brings and that we've enjoyed to Africa." To me it's myopic and the product of a society with not enough real stuff to worry about.

Last edited:

Do you genuinely believe climate change is a hoax and on what basis?

They are replacing the inefficient ones with more efficient ones, as the advances have come a long way in technology terms. That said coal fired is never up there in total efficiency, but if you have abundant amount of coal, its still the cheapest way for mass production of power. I’ve helped build and commission a fair few of them all around se Asia and they wouldn’t be signed off if they are not getting the most out of the coal volume to megawatts.
How do their newest coal power stations compare to uk ones?

Serious question bud

Meaning what? It's for the greater good? Nobody else but these noble protestors understands? They have chosen to enforce their will & ideology on everyone, those who agree & those who disagree. They are acting unlawfully, draining resources that are needed elsewhere, it's fundamentally a fascist approach. I wholeheartedly concur at the fact that humanity is f***ing up other life on this planet & ourselves but no-one, NO-ONE has the right to impair & destroy ordinary peoples lives because they believe they are right. Fundamental ideology stems from absolutism. Their argument basically is "it's for your own good!"
Mate this is the most passive demo I've seen. They are obstructing nobody but a bit traffic. It's all good natured. People can go about their business by and large unhindered by them. It's only the self indignant getting upset by them

Mate this is the most passive demo I've seen. They are obstructing nobody but a bit traffic. It's all good natured. People can go about their business by and large unhindered by them. It's only the self indignant getting upset by them
Why is that right? Because they say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back