London Climate Disruption

How do their newest coal power stations compare to uk ones?

Serious question bud
A lot better in boiler technology, the larger ones are supercritical once through now, so efficiency is better. Also they have used fluidized bed boilers for the subcritical boilers which burn crap coal, but lower temps so less NOx. Its all relative like, as burning coal is a dirty business, but if you can make the units 5 to 15% more efficient, thats big money over a lifetime.

For years the governments of the world have pissed about with merely words, false commitments and little or no action. For years those concerned with our planet reaching an anthropologically-induced point of no return have been ignored, scientifically sound research deemed fake news by the most powerful man on the planet. Unfortunately as the situation gets more desperate, as our planet undergoes changes that may be irreversible, those who give a damn about our planet will resort to less peaceful ways in order to force change. Good on them, I say. We only have one planet and we’re f***ing it up, unless we act now we don’t deserve to have a safe, clean environment.
The planet will be fine. Only humanity will be wiped out and once the human race is gone the balance of nature will be restored and the planet will recover pending the next catastrophic celestial event. All quite reassuring really. I'll be long dead anyway, so who gives a fuck?

Fair play to them. Something needs to be done like.

If people actually cared about the world they would join in but they won’t and don’t.

It’s disheartening seeing what’s happening and it’s horrific seeing people kick off and chew people about caring for the world..

Never mind.. ET can come and dig us up in a few centuries.

Fair play to them. Something needs to be done like.

If people actually cared about the world they would join in but they won’t and don’t.

It’s disheartening seeing what’s happening and it’s horrific seeing people kick off and chew people about caring for the world..

Never mind.. ET can come and dig us up in a few centuries.
People couldn't care less. Too busy going about our little lives to see the big picture. Millions deny that something is even happening, despite scientists telling us otherwise.

These will be some of the same people who believe God is real despite having zero proof.

People are thick and unless governments take action nothing will change as we wont do it. And, governments will do nothing until it's too late as see my first point.

What rights are you seeking to deny here?
Those to:

Protest
Live

Or do you deny Global Warming is real?

Piers Corbyn, Jeremy Corbyns brother, a meteorologist believes that accepted science on man made climate change is a cover up that exists to push up petrol prices.

Went along to Waterloo Bridge yesterday as I was in London anyway. Was I noticed most was how really peaceful and calm the protest was. Everyone was happy and smiling and the police were clearly trying there hardest to remain on side with everyone. Was a really nice experience.

Got to say that there are so many protests in London these days that they are becoming less and less effective. When I have seen them they seem to be populated by regular protesters that who are sometimes unaware of what this week's issue is. This, though, for me is different - things need to change and change soon - I am fully supportive of this protest, how they are doing it and what they are saying. I hope it becomes an international protest. I liked it when the kids walked out of their schools to protest on this issue as well.

The planet will be fine. Only humanity will be wiped out and once the human race is gone the balance of nature will be restored and the planet will recover pending the next catastrophic celestial event. All quite reassuring really. I'll be long dead anyway, so who gives a fuck?

Agree with this except for the nihilistic approach at the end. End of the day the world will recover, it’s just our species (and many many others on earth at the moment) that won’t survive).

Ultimately, if you do nothing now you’re only betraying the generations that will/ could come after us. As we see with politics or life in general people are far far to selfish (perhaps it’s a intrinsic human trait?) to care though.

Agree with this except for the nihilistic approach at the end. End of the day the world will recover, it’s just our species (and many many others on earth at the moment) that won’t survive).

Ultimately, if you do nothing now you’re only betraying the generations that will/ could come after us. As we see with politics or life in general people are far far to selfish (perhaps it’s a intrinsic human trait?) to care though.
The last bit was just me being flippant. I don't really think that way.

Went along to Waterloo Bridge yesterday as I was in London anyway. Was I noticed most was how really peaceful and calm the protest was. Everyone was happy and smiling and the police were clearly trying there hardest to remain on side with everyone. Was a really nice experience.
Didn't they deserve to be shot then?:cool:

When we have a government that reduces incentives on renewables, freezes duty on diesel for seven years and leaves clean air responsibility to cities, you can understand why some people are getting exasperated.

Tinkering around with a possible 10p plastic bag might not cut it.

People couldn't care less. Too busy going about our little lives to see the big picture. Millions deny that something is even happening, despite scientists telling us otherwise.

These will be some of the same people who believe God is real despite having zero proof.

People are thick and unless governments take action nothing will change as we wont do it. And, governments will do nothing until it's too late as see my first point.

It's futile & largely natural anyway IMO. The weakening of the magnetic field is the bigger concern.

It's futile & largely natural anyway IMO. The weakening of the magnetic field is the bigger concern.

This is the point people seem to miss - I don't deny that "climate change" seems to be occurring (whether it's natural or man-made), it's taking money out of my pocket in "green taxes" that I object to, it's a scam and completely pointless. Might as well just flush that money down the toilet, it won't help anything (other than the bank balances of certain companies and politicians).

No doubt they were coked up.

The world is warming but it has done so for billions of years. Heated up and then cooled down. We contribute zero to global warning. It was global cooling in the 70s.

Aye, about 800 arrests mind so far :) :)

Back