London Climate Disruption

Why can't anybody explain what the human race needs to do that will categorically stop/reverse climate change, within this 12 year window?

What is the definitive solution and who can carry out this work?

What do you think we should do?

Patrick Moore, one of the founders of Greenpeace thinks this latest movement/scare mongering is a sham.
It is as plain as the nose on every middle class globetrotting wanker that our capitalism model requires population increase to keep those at the top where they are. Having lots of kids is killing your cuddly polar bears, not Dorothy from Morecambe (who is a lifelong spinster) putting her rubbish in the wrong coloured bin. How DARE Emma Thompson fly from LA to London to lecture me about climate change.

But why? What difference would this make to this 12 year countdown? A start to what exactly? Seems very generic and full of wistful thinking.
Even when you take out the energy used to extract the minerals used in electronic gadgets for example, the destruction of natural habitats should be enough to make people think fuck, things need to change.

Well stop burning finite resources as quickly as we are would be a start.
I wish the media would cause such an outrage about climate change, as they are about these protesters. Whether we disagree or agree on how these protesters are going about things, the real headlines should be about companies raping and destroying our planet, for profit and greed.

Even when you take out the energy used to extract the minerals used in electronic gadgets for example, the destruction of natural habitats should be enough to make people think fuck, things need to change.
So reducing mineral extraction is going to stop climate change?

How will China build all of its electric cars if we stop this?

So reducing mineral extraction is going to stop climate change?

How will China build all of its electric cars if we stop this?
I didn’t say it would. The energy that goes into making a wind turbine for example is ridiculous.

However dismissing climate change is lunacy when we can already see the effects. Countries need to act now.

I wish the media would cause such an outrage about climate change, as they are about these protesters. Whether we disagree or agree on how these protesters are going about things, the real headlines should be about companies raping and destroying our planet, for profit and greed.
Palm oil production sickens me tbh. But it’s in everything.

I didn’t say it would. The energy that goes into making a wind turbine for example is ridiculous.

However dismissing climate change is lunacy when we can already see the effects. Countries need to act now.

Palm oil production sickens me tbh. But it’s in everything.
What do you mean, "act now?". What initiatives will categorically stop/reverse climate change within this 12 year window?

Well stop burning finite resources as quickly as we are would be a start.

Take a read of this article;

BP starts up Clair Ridge production

And in particular this summary;

The new facilities, which required capital investment in excess of £4.5 billion, are designed for 40 years of production. The project has been designed to recover an estimated 640 million barrels of oil with production expected to ramp up to a peak at plateau level of 120,000 barrels per day.

This is one of many new offshore prospects coming on line this year and they are making new discoveries on a regular basis. In fact, the reserves that are more difficult to extract have meant the technology has evolved and has now opened up areas for exploration which wouldn’t have been considered viable only twenty years ago.

The resources are not as finite as some people believe, however, my main point is, whilst governments are imposing restrictions on emissions (and rightly so), unless there are serious viable alternatives, then this fuel will be used.

One little trick which will become prevalent in the next ten years too; in order to provide a more carbon neutral footprint, offshore O&G extraction companies are considering building local offshore wind farms to locally power the rig. They’ll not burn the oil or gas to locally generate power and therefore meet quotas, yet export billions of barrels for use elsewhere.

Last edited:

The new facilities, which required capital investment in excess of £4.5 billion, are designed for 40 years of production. The project has been designed to recover an estimated 640 million barrels of oil with production expected to ramp up to a peak at plateau level of 120,000 barrels per day.

This is one of many new offshore prospects coming on line this year and they are making new discoveries on a regular basis. In fact, the reserves that are more difficult to extract have meant the technology has evolved and has now opened up areas for exploration which wouldn’t have been considered viable only twenty years ago.

The resources are not as finite as some people believe, however, my main point is, whilst governments are imposing restrictions on emissions (and rightly so), unless there are serious viable alternatives, then this fuel will be used.

One little trick which will become prevalent in the next ten years too; in order to provide a more carbon neutral footprint, offshore O&G extraction companies are considering building locals offshore wind farms to locally power the rig. They’ll not burn the oil or gas to locally generate power and therefore meet quotas.
Too many words. Wankers or not wankers?

The 'cabal' you mean, the ones we keep telling you about ?

One little trick which will become prevalent in the next ten years too; in order to provide a more carbon neutral footprint, offshore O&G extraction companies are considering building locals offshore wind farms to locally power the rig. They’ll not burn the oil or gas to locally generate power and therefore meet quotas.
I work in O&G and I can tell you categorically that there are daily breaches of api, hse, and local environmental regulations in most of the world - but not in the West. When there is a fuck up here it is just that: a fuck up. I have seen, blowouts, weeks long burnoffs, 'firing' of rigs, HUGE diesel spills. None of which occurred in the West. The one that did ended up in a moratorium of drilling in the GOM. Deepwater Horizon. I have seen worse than that half a dozen times, why not go and protest there? Tell you why, because they would f***ing kill you in a second.

I work in O&G and I can tell you categorically that there are daily breaches of api, hse, and local environmental regulations in most of the world - but not in the West. When there is a fuck up here it is just that: a fuck up. I have seen, blowouts, weeks long burnoffs, 'firing' of rigs, HUGE diesel spills. None of which occurred in the West. The one that did ended up in a moratorium of drilling in the GOM. Deepwater Horizon. I have seen worse than that half a dozen times, why not go and protest there? Tell you why, because they would f***ing kill you in a second.

Some of the African states have an horrendous record for workers getting turned over by locals and a corrupt police force. I can’t imagine a protest would be allowed at all, never mind going on as long as this one.

Imagine trying to glue yourself to a fence in Saudi in protest :lol:

Back