London Climate Disruption

Imagine explaining to your grandchildren, as the icecaps vanish and sea levels rise, that, as part of the generation that could have saved the planet, you chose instead to call for those who tried to be shot.
At last, somebody who must have received the full findings from Science.

What have they said humans can do in this 12 year window that will stop/reverse climate change? What was the solution put forward that was adopted globally, whilst not crippling economies?

At last, somebody who must have received the full findings from Science.

What have they said humans can do in this 12 year window that will stop/reverse climate change? What was the solution put forward that was adopted globally, whilst not crippling economies?
Have you seen the policies China have introduced regarding new cars and electric cars in cities? They might seem draconian but they work.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

I might be doing them a disservice here, but if China needs some more power for its latest factory I get the impression they just build another coal fired power station.. I can’t see there being many environmental enquiries or protests.
You mean another highly inefficient coal fired power station

I'm sure I read somewhere they need four times as much coal as western power stations per kilowatt of power due to their inefficiency

Extinction Rebellion
  • First words are the science is clear - is it bollocks.
  • 01 Tell the truth - the government does more than most countries do to reduce carbon emissions
  • 02 Act now - the country is in the process of shutting down coal burning power stations, encouraging EVs and investing in renewables
  • 03 Beyond Politics - they want a citizen's assembly but we choose who we represent us.
They're full of wind and piss. They talk about what they don't want while giving no practical solutions to the biggest problem ie. Consumption. They don't realise they are part of the problem.
They do seem to be just self indulgent attention seeking twats

Last edited:
If the hipsters want to target carbon emitters then get themselves down to chinese embassy. They are building hundreds of coalfired stations. But the hipsters would rather target ordinary people going about the lives. W^&kers.
China building secret “tsunami” of new coal power plants, says report - News - GCR
The hipsters will be down shoreditch in their skinny jeans, vaping outside on the pavement having paid £200 quid on a bottle of Vodka flown in from goodness knows where before ordering their Uber slave to take them home.

You mean another highly inefficient coal fired power station

I'm sure I read somewhere they need four times as much coal as western power stations per kilowatt of power due to their inefficiency

They do seem to be just self indulgent attention seeking twats
They are replacing the inefficient ones with more efficient ones, as the advances have come a long way in technology terms. That said coal fired is never up there in total efficiency, but if you have abundant amount of coal, its still the cheapest way for mass production of power. I’ve helped build and commission a fair few of them all around se Asia and they wouldn’t be signed off if they are not getting the most out of the coal volume to megawatts.

They are replacing the inefficient ones with more efficient ones, as the advances have come a long way in technology terms. That said coal fired is never up there in total efficiency, but if you have abundant amount of coal, its still the cheapest way for mass production of power. I’ve helped build and commission a fair few of them all around se Asia and they wouldn’t be signed off if they are not getting the most out of the coal volume to megawatts.
So it's you causing the problems. We should send the middle class protesters round to your place. If you live in the Far East all the better. I'm sure they are well up for a jolly :D

Back