Lion King at the Sunderland Empire

Went last night, one of the best things I’ve seen. I was always going to like it though because it’s my favourite Disney film. :lol:

The lass as Rafiki has an unbelievable voice. ‘He lives in you’ was a personal highlight for me.

Went last night, one of the best things I’ve seen. I was always going to like it though because it’s my favourite Disney film. :lol:

The lass as Rafiki has an unbelievable voice. ‘He lives in you’ was a personal highlight for me.

She’s class. The clicking and that. Belted out He Lives In You. Unreal.

The Zazu lad was class too, great comic relief.

She’s class. The clicking and that. Belted out He Lives In You. Unreal.

The Zazu lad was class too, great comic relief.
Aye, Zazu, Timon & Pumba were good comic relief - especially for the younger members of the audience.

The female hyena sounded exactly like the one from the cartoon film as well. :lol:

Aye, Zazu, Timon & Pumba were good comic relief - especially for the younger members of the audience.

The female hyena sounded exactly like the one from the cartoon film as well. :lol:

Was just a fantastic show. Can clearly see why it’s been going strong for so long. Not normally my thing but I think I’ve got the bug. Quite emotional at times.

And aye, she had the Whoopi voice nailed. Ed was class too.

Last edited:
Going on Friday with the family. Dinner in Aperitif beforehand. Can't wait.

What time are the evening shows usually finishing? So I can sort my Joe Le.

Was just a fantastic show. Can clearly see why it’s been going strong for so long. Not normally my thing but I think I’ve got the bug. Quite emotional at times.

And aye, she had the Whoopi voice nailed. Ed was class too.
The lad doing Ed is from Sunderland.

Scar, Zazu and Rafiki the standouts for me, but brilliant cast all round.

Back