Lion King at the Sunderland Empire

Went Friday night. Absolutely amazing performance.
So good for Sunderland to get stuff like this.

Not a cheap night out but worth it every now and again.

Went last Wednesday, was absolutely superb.

Loved the little “regional” jokes about Jackie Whites and Newcastle, also the Zazu “you bucked this up” line as well.

All of them were excellent, Scar and Zazu my personal favourites but Timon, Pumba and Rafiki were class.

Not cheap mind. £80 for bait in No.2 Church Lane wasn’t bad for family of 4, but then around £70 inside for 2 x pick & mix, 2 x ice creams, a bottle of Stella, 2 x lion king cups, and a Baby Simba teddy certainly added to it, especially when added to cost of tickets.

Worth it to see the bairns enjoy it - even if the little one spent up until the end of the interval asking when the real lions would be on :lol:

Went last Wednesday, was absolutely superb.

Loved the little “regional” jokes about Jackie Whites and Newcastle, also the Zazu “you bucked this up” line as well.

All of them were excellent, Scar and Zazu my personal favourites but Timon, Pumba and Rafiki were class.

Not cheap mind. £80 for bait in No.2 Church Lane wasn’t bad for family of 4, but then around £70 inside for 2 x pick & mix, 2 x ice creams, a bottle of Stella, 2 x lion king cups, and a Baby Simba teddy certainly added to it, especially when added to cost of tickets.

Worth it to see the bairns enjoy it - even if the little one spent up until the end of the interval asking when the real lions would be on :lol:

Aye, like @Bob Fleming said yesterday, not a cheap event all in but definitely worth it a few times a year for the bigger shows that come round I think.

Was having a look at one of the merchandise stalls during the interval, around the ÂŁ40 mark for a throw blanket ffs :eek:

Back