Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to play them right. Don't do a big shop there for a little while, then do a couple of under £10 basket shops. It makes them think you've gone elsewhere but you're tempted to come back and they start sending vouchers in the post or on till receipts. You need to go through the main checkouts too in Tesco as I don't get vouchers printing off on the self scan.

I was in Houghton Lidl today! Didn't buy anything - just nipped in to use their loo as I was desperate :oops:

I was in buying some cans and protien rolls, thought it was you from pics posted on here and was tempted to say hi but bottled it :oops:

:eek: stalker alert :lol:

Was it you in the silver car next to mine?

Nope, I was with our lass (dark hair) and the little one (little lass in push chair). I wasn't sure if it was you, said to the other half that looks like Becs, a lass off the forum. Wish I could post a picture of her face at the time :lol::lol:

Nope, I was with our lass (dark hair) and the little one (little lass in push chair). I wasn't sure if it was you, said to the other half that looks like Becs, a lass off the forum. Wish I could post a picture of her face at the time :lol::lol:

:lol:

I was in the car sorting a box of stuff out for my next call and noticed the bloke in the silver car was looking at me, so I was wondering if I knew him or if he was just being nosy!

You've got to play them right. Don't do a big shop there for a little while, then do a couple of under £10 basket shops. It makes them think you've gone elsewhere but you're tempted to come back and they start sending vouchers in the post or on till receipts.

Goes to show smart humans can still beat machines and machine learning. :)

Scenes at Lidl this morning with that prosecco deal heard there was some hair extensions being pulled out at the flagship houghton store

Nipped into Aldi for some bacon earlier and the majority of it was out of date by a week (17th August). Had to go through three boxes before I found some in date. Probably should have mentioned it to someone now I think about it.
The stuff I bought was very nice though.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Over 100 customers queue at Lidl in Walkergate, Newcastle, to buy 6 bottles of prosecco on offer for £20

And at the Walkergate store in Newcastle these keen customers were photographed, with over 100 people in the queue by 7.45am - ready for the shop opening at 8am.

And the first customer to walk out with a case was given a cheer by fellow shoppers as he left the store.

Darren Lant took a selfie and caught the queue snaking its way through the car park in his shot.

He said: “This was the scene this morning at the Walkergate branch of Lidl as their £20 Prosecco deal was launched.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/can-you-believe-it-over-13532613

they have had to.

If you go abroad the aldis and lidls are still like jumblesales

Very true, but the Aldi's are worse. Went to one in Amsterdam a couple of days ago and got through the till to find out they don't take credit cards, had to try to scrape together the cash but was still a few euro's short until a couple of dutch in the queue helped me out (even though I offered to put back a case of beer).
Mind hardly any supermarkets in Holland accept visa - apart from Lidl.

I wish I'd come on this thread before driving over to my one for some only to be met with a sold out sign. Probably my own fault for not going down till 11.30.

I'm off down to M&S to get some decent stuff instead.

Very true, but the Aldi's are worse. Went to one in Amsterdam a couple of days ago and got through the till to find out they don't take credit cards, had to try to scrape together the cash but was still a few euro's short until a couple of dutch in the queue helped me out (even though I offered to put back a case of beer).
Mind hardly any supermarkets in Holland accept visa - apart from Lidl.

Only just started accepting credit cards not that long ago in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back