Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Over 100 customers queue at Lidl in Walkergate, Newcastle, to buy 6 bottles of prosecco on offer for £20

And at the Walkergate store in Newcastle these keen customers were photographed, with over 100 people in the queue by 7.45am - ready for the shop opening at 8am.

And the first customer to walk out with a case was given a cheer by fellow shoppers as he left the store.

Darren Lant took a selfie and caught the queue snaking its way through the car park in his shot.

He said: “This was the scene this morning at the Walkergate branch of Lidl as their £20 Prosecco deal was launched.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/can-you-believe-it-over-13532613
Fuck me what a sad indictment on society today. Mind, people would be queuing like this for bread if the Tory party had it's way.

And I wonder what caused that injury on that gadgies hand, just above his ring?

You've got to play them right. Don't do a big shop there for a little while, then do a couple of under £10 basket shops. It makes them think you've gone elsewhere but you're tempted to come back and they start sending vouchers in the post or on till receipts. You need to go through the main checkouts too in Tesco as I don't get vouchers printing off on the self scan.

I was in Houghton Lidl today! Didn't buy anything - just nipped in to use their loo as I was desperate :oops:

Thanks @becs took your tip today as going to do a big shop this week at tesco ready for going back to school. I've just been doing as and when needed shops as not been sure when well be in the house or what in the hols. Went through the proper till today and a £6 off a £40 shop. That'll do me

Thanks @becs took your tip today as going to do a big shop this week at tesco ready for going back to school. I've just been doing as and when needed shops as not been sure when well be in the house or what in the hols. Went through the proper till today and a £6 off a £40 shop. That'll do me
You still would have got more for your money at Aldi/Lidl imo

You still would have got more for your money at Aldi/Lidl imo

I've done aldi shops before and tbh I don't see a lot of difference. I don't buy branded stuff, I get my meat elsewhere. The fruit/veg in our local stores is bad quality and u can't buy certain things in individual items so for 2 of us it would be wasted. I actually go to aldi to buy it's protein yogurt and I pick up a few things while I'm in there but I wouldn't be able to do a big shop there. I'd still have to go to tesco or Morrison to get the rest and as a single working mam I just don't have the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back