Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiver off vouchers? From Tesco? I get fuck all like.

I used to get them but havent had any for ages. Think it depends on how much you shop there. Sainsburys were giving me bigger discounts so used them more & the tesco ones dried up.

I used to get them but havent had any for ages. Think it depends on how much you shop there. Sainsburys were giving me bigger discounts so used them more & the tesco ones dried up.
I think I must shop there too often to get anything. I don't even get money off vouchers anymore.

I think I must shop there too often to get anything. I don't even get money off vouchers anymore.

You've got to play them right. Don't do a big shop there for a little while, then do a couple of under £10 basket shops. It makes them think you've gone elsewhere but you're tempted to come back and they start sending vouchers in the post or on till receipts. You need to go through the main checkouts too in Tesco as I don't get vouchers printing off on the self scan.

I was in Houghton Lidl today! Didn't buy anything - just nipped in to use their loo as I was desperate :oops:

I hate the checkout. I'd rather pack bags as it's scanned. Given the queues and the time it takes to go through the checkout then bag everything at the shelf, it's no quicker than the other supermarkets.
They've given up trying to educate us down here (Nth Yorks), we pack at the checkout as it is scanned.

You've got to play them right. Don't do a big shop there for a little while, then do a couple of under £10 basket shops. It makes them think you've gone elsewhere but you're tempted to come back and they start sending vouchers in the post or on till receipts. You need to go through the main checkouts too in Tesco as I don't get vouchers printing off on the self scan.

I was in Houghton Lidl today! Didn't buy anything - just nipped in to use their loo as I was desperate :oops:

I only use online shopping for Tesco but I order about £100 per week. I'll be classed as loyal so get no offers.

I only use online shopping for Tesco but I order about £100 per week. I'll be classed as loyal so get no offers.

Same as my Mam with Sainsburys. They shop there every week and get nothing so she gets annoyed when I get vouchers!

Popped in to Aldi near the Metro Centre this morning and it's had a major revamp. I'm guessing all the rest will follow suit. They've massively upped their game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back