Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done aldi shops before and tbh I don't see a lot of difference. I don't buy branded stuff, I get my meat elsewhere. The fruit/veg in our local stores is bad quality and u can't buy certain things in individual items so for 2 of us it would be wasted. I actually go to aldi to buy it's protein yogurt and I pick up a few things while I'm in there but I wouldn't be able to do a big shop there. I'd still have to go to tesco or Morrison to get the rest and as a single working mam I just don't have the time
Tbf Tesco Asda etc have had to up their game because of Aldi/Lidl by stopping ripping people off

Tbf Tesco Asda etc have had to up their game because of Aldi/Lidl by stopping ripping people off
I'd still have to go to different places even if there was a bigger price difference so that wouldn't be worth my while, unless as I say I pop in once a week on the way past for a particular product. I'm still in there for ages mind as there's only one till on and 5 trolley loads in front of us. I've no doubt branded products would be a lot less in lidl/aldi but the things I buy it's prob 10p per product at the most

You may have a point. I'll go back to the example i gave before with 'thick' bleach. It used to be 75p a bottle in the supermarkets. Its now 50p, aldi sells it for 45p but its watery shite. So for the sake of 5p / 10% the quality difference is fairly big

I've had 3 £5 off £30 shop at Lidls in the past 4 or 5 weeks alone. They have them in the brochures they slip through the door but you can pick them up in store as well.
Another Lidl brochure popped thru the letterbox this morning, so another £5 off £30 spend.

And another the following day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back