Lidl versus Aldi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was meaning Aldi and Lidl advertising makes them look a lot cheaper. Like they'll compare their own brand digestives with McVities digestives rather than the supermarket own brand equivalent and so on, so making themselves look a lot cheaper. If they compared their price to supermarket digestives, they'd be pretty much the same.

I was curious as to who was the cheapest. I've done an average weekly shop at Aldi before, then put everything I bought into MySupermarket. On own brand stuff, all of the stores were within a pound or two of each other and nobody was significantly cheaper.

You can save money on brands if you shop around. There are a few branded items that I really like but they are always on offer somewhere. I use MySupermarket when I need to buy them and find out who has the best offer on.
Lifes too short for that Mysupermarket malarky mind,how much do you you value you? saving a £ here and there.No ones fooled into thinking they're the same i don't think brand wise.I think what they are doing is saying think differently.Do you need Persil or Goodfellas or McVities etc and then you have the ads with the old woman saying he likes these i like them which suggests some of there stuff is nicer than the brands they copy.I can't get everything there and will happily spend £110 in asda if i'm going there anyway(prescription,school bars,evian water,tassimo coffee) on the back of my lifes too short comment

i'll agree that the price disparities are not like they used to be.

For example a bag of 3 peppers were usually about £1.89 in the major supermarkets and they all slashed down to price match.

you will find no more than a couple fo pence difference on many things and if you actually want branded then the big 4 will be cheaper

as Becs pointd out.. take into the account the fiver off vouchers I keep getting plus clubcard points etc I save nothing at lidl / aldi

what I d like though and why I use them is the opportunity to maybe get something different.

i'll agree that the price disparities are not like they used to be.

For example a bag of 3 peppers were usually about £1.89 in the major supermarkets and they all slashed down to price match.

you will find no more than a couple fo pence difference on many things and if you actually want branded then the big 4 will be cheaper

as Becs pointd out.. take into the account the fiver off vouchers I keep getting plus clubcard points etc I save nothing at lidl / aldi

what I d like though and why I use them is the opportunity to maybe get something different.
I've had 3 £5 off £30 shop at Lidls in the past 4 or 5 weeks alone. They have them in the brochures they slip through the door but you can pick them up in store as well.

Worst purchase has definitely been Aldi own brand anti perspirant. Hums like a whore's drawers and has absolutely no anti perspirant qualities at all. Their Head and Shoulders rip off shampoo does the job well enough.

havent been to aldi in the uk but lidl is the boy mind , absolute class

The Christmas food from Aldi is class and their meat is better than the other supermarkets as it doesn't tend to shrink. Usually do my shopping in Lidl as it's close to work but Aldi get the better middle isle stuff in. Lidl do a range of Italian frozen pizzas at the moment that are absolutely tremendous. Probably the best pizza I've ever had at home.

The Christmas food from Aldi is class and their meat is better than the other supermarkets as it doesn't tend to shrink. Usually do my shopping in Lidl as it's close to work but Aldi get the better middle isle stuff in. Lidl do a range of Italian frozen pizzas at the moment that are absolutely tremendous. Probably the best pizza I've ever had at home.

The deluxe frozen ones at about 2 quid a shout are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back