Let The Doubters Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieron Brady regularly makes the point that Sunderland players have to do very little to earn almost hero status. He admits to being a beneficiary himself.

Lets just enjoy the moment and not get too carried away.

Once the hysteria of yesterday’s excellent win dies down we can look at a league table that has us in 6th place, six points off the leaders with a game in hand.

If we continue yesterday’s form and energy levels there’s no reason why we can’t achieve success this season.

If we do then that’s the time to start dishing the plaudits out.
Hold on a minute.
I thought we were all a set of negative fuckers.

Bolton were bottom of the league man and we couldn’t beat them

turgid performance that was rightly called out
People transfixed with that man!
They were bottom as had points deducted and played 5 games with kids.
Had only lost 3 games iirc from the previous 13 or so league games before we played them (and 1 of those when they had a man sent off in ten mins).
They aren't and weren't whipping boys when we played them home or away.

People transfixed with that man!
They were bottom as had points deducted and played 5 games with kids.
Had only lost 3 games iirc from the previous 13 or so league games before we played them (and 1 of those when they had a man sent off in ten mins).
They aren't and weren't whipping boys when we played them home or away.
They've been beaten 7-0 with that team and even with the points deduction removed they still be second bottom. Let's not build them up to be better than they actually are.

Keano was an arrogant idiot. The promotion he won, and denied the supporters a parade, is the only thing he will win in his managerial career. Are we really saying that the only supporters ever to celebrate should be those that support a team who win the Premiership?

nope but get promoted first, have a beer or 2 and then let’s get onto the next target it’s nowt fantastic We are in div 3

I wasn’t doubting the op’s point but merely reiterating a point made by a former player of the club. Brady feels that time and time again over the years Sunderland as a club have accepted mediocrity to such a degree that any player or side who demonstrate for even the briefest period, anything that rises above mediocrity, receives undeserved adulation.

Keane’s stance on refusing an open bus parade for winning the championship was extreme but I suspect he thought along very similar lines.

Of course we’re going to celebrate any victory and rightly so but let’s not forget who we are. We shouldn’t be anywhere near this league.
We shouldn’t be but are. So we can choose to be bitter or supportive. All most supporters want to see is effort every game and formations then pretty much become secondary as you are getting right behind a player making the effort.

I agree with your point though. I recall the low point premier leagues seasons when they announced the players would come out for a lap of honour. It was incredibly awkward.

They've been beaten 7-0 with that team and even with the points deduction removed they still be second bottom. Let's not build them up to be better than they actually are.
My point is that they aren't a bottom of the table team. And the game they lost 7-1 they were leading till they had a man sent off in 10 mins.
I'm not trying to build them into a better team than they are, I'm showing that they weren't the bottom of the league easy to beat team that most thought disgraceful that we didn't beat.

My point is that they aren't a bottom of the table team. And the game they lost 7-1 they were leading till they had a man sent off in 10 mins.
I'm not trying to build them into a better team than they are, I'm showing that they weren't the bottom of the league easy to beat team that most thought disgraceful that we didn't beat.
Bottom or second bottom, if we have ambitions for promotion from League One, which we should, we should be beating teams like them consistently.

Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”
SD needs to go. He can't sustain the club financially, he needed a loan to repair the lifts at the academy FFS. He should sell for a profit and move on.

Bottom or second bottom, if we have ambitions for promotion from League One, which we should, we should be beating teams like them consistently.
We should.
But the performance wasn't any worse than numerous other performances, including the previous boxing day, which didnt result in numerous Safc organisations putting out statements stating our chairman should go and we shouldnt be subbing a defender for a defender.
In fact it was the start of the better performances we have seen and the start of the attacking working 532 we see now..

Of course it was . You are deluded if you think otherwise.
Some of our fans wanted PP out before a f***ing ball was kicked.
Experts, comedians or utter wankers . I will let you decide
I don't think I'm the one being delusional. Not only did this board have frig all to do with the fans wanting Parkinson out a couple of weeks ago, but the response from the team since has been nothing but positive.

In short, you're talking utter nonsense.

I don't think I'm the one being delusional. Not only did this board have frig all to do with the fans wanting Parkinson out a couple of weeks ago, but the response from the team since has been nothing but positive.

In short, you're talking utter nonsense.
So you don't think someone from the club read all the drivel on here ?

Sorry like but that’s absolute bollocks. Parkinson deserved every bit of flak he got for 2 wins in 14 games and dropping us from 6th to 13th in this shambolic league.

He’s now won 3 of 5 games (which still btw is 11 points from 15, still not enough for automatic promotion from where we are) including a very fortuitous win away to Doncaster when they missed a couple of sitters to equalise, and now he’s the greatest manager since Reidy. We’ve had a decent little run around Christmas. That is all that has happened so far. Get your head out your arse and stop being so damn fickle. If we are still winning in a month then fair enough, but 5 games does not erase the utter shambles that has been his management thus far

Please do find some posts where you defended Parkinson around the Boxing Day fiasco - would love to see this.
The change in attitude is to be celebrated though. We are now playing as a team and hustling and harrying all game. It's take PP a while and a few sackings to sort his out, but the players have got the message now. I don't see why their heads would drop now that they know they can win well with their fitness and formation.

All I can see happening now is confidence will build even further and we will be that form team who comes with late charge to burn off the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back