Let The Doubters Doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”
Not to do with McGeady. It's to do with being organised, the players knowing their roles, and playing with width which we never did under JR. We were the most one dimensional narrow team under him that I've seen from a Sunderland team ever.

Rubbish man

let the doubters doubt lol

we were 15th and in our lowest position in our 139 year history. The fans had a duty to scream blue murder

there was no indication just 2 or so weeks ago that we were on our way to 6th and thrashing the league leaders

my take in it is that since the fans screamed blue murder the club has got their act together

about time too
I don't agree at all.
Since PP the performances were better, just not the results.
That Bolton game, where the toys were thrown out the pram, we weren't that bad.
532, got the ball wide loads and put in loads of quality crosses, just our strikers were shit.
It was far more enjoyable than last yrs boxing day game v bradford.

Folk got in a twist as Bolton were bottom, but they were only bottom due to their first 5/6 games. Since they bought players they only lost about 3 out of 12 in the league before we played them.

Their has been lots of evidence we played better under PP, no less the expected goals info.

That is why the statement put out was utter shite. Lamenting a draw v an OK Bolton team at the time, one where we played OK, and started to play an attacking 532, getting the ball out wide and using width for the first time since we got relegated
The statement actually made the point of slagging PP for not putting on an attacker for a defender and reverting to a 442.
What the statement showed is that the folk writing it know fuck all about football.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on what you believe. If for the sake of argument it's true that the players were really unfit AND there was a rift in the squad after Cattermole left and Mcgeady 'stepped up' then I can personally get my head around the fact that yes, performances would be poor and any manager would struggle.

As I've said on other threads I genuinely hope it was the above problems as it's far easier to get 11 players fit and expel a problem child then it is to change 11 players + manager because they are not good enough.

New fitness coach + mcgeady gone = a different looking team.

Assuming everything is now sorted, and assuming they always were good players (and its currently looking that way) theres absolutely no reason now why we cant go and win this league this season.

Last edited:
Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”

I could have guessed who was the only person to “like” this 😂

What a load of rubbish. Proving the doubters wrong = in 6th and getting knocked out of all 3 cups. How have your standards got so low!?!

Stewart Donald is a disastrous owner, the sooner he’s gone the sooner we can start the process to get back to where we belong.

It’s a good little run we’re on but it’s the absolute minimum we should be doing. This years league 1 is significantly worse than last year, we should be running away with it

This. I can’t believe there is still people out there falling for his bullshit. Although he may well have got the manager choice right this time.
After 5 wins in 18 ? In that time we have beaten one top half side . Last year we scored 4 on numerous occasions and went on long winning runs . Against Barnsley and Peterborough we played football which matched yesterday . For a 4/5 month period we were relentless in grinding wins out away from home . It’s revisionist to suggest at this stage that Parkinson is king and Ross was the problem

I don't agree at all.
Since PP the performances were better, just not the results.
That Bolton game, where the toys were thrown out the pram, we weren't that bad.
532, got the ball wide loads and put in loads of quality crosses, just our strikers were shit.
It was far more enjoyable than last yrs boxing day game v bradford.

Folk got in a twist as Bolton were bottom, but they were only bottom due to their first 5/6 games. Since they bought players they only lost about 3 out of 12 in the league before we played them.

Their has been lots of evidence we played better under PP, no less the expected goals info.

That is why the statement put out was utter shite. Lamenting a draw v an OK Bolton team at the time, one where we played OK, and started to play an attacking 532, getting the ball out wide and using width for the first time since we got relegated
The statement actually made the point of slagging PP for not putting on an attacker for a defender and reverting to a 442.
What the statement showed is that the folk writing it know fuck all about football.
Bolton were bottom of the league man and we couldn’t beat them

turgid performance that was rightly called out

After 5 wins in 18 ? In that time we have beaten one top half side . Last year we scored 4 on numerous occasions and went on long winning runs . Against Barnsley and Peterborough we played football which matched yesterday . For a 4/5 month period we were relentless in grinding wins out away from home . It’s revisionist to suggest at this stage that Parkinson is king and Ross was the problem
Ross was one of a few problems. 70 odd games and he still didn’t have a f***ing scooby what his best side or formation was. He had a squad of unfit players due to his disastrous pre season. Things have been horrendous under PP, but it’s clear that things are moving in the right direction and the bloke deserves some credit. He has the fitness levels up and it’s allowing us to play a high press.

“Haway The Lads”
Unfortunately this board was beginning to have a terrible affect on the club.
Some of the posters on here are utter wankers who wouldn't dare talk to someone in person like they do on here.

“Haway The Lads”
:lol: :lol:

Their = There

Acronyms all ower.

Five short paragraphs of I told you so.

Classic keyboard warrioring right there.

Oh, and "barbaric abuse". Give ower. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
Unfortunately this board was beginning to have a terrible affect on the club.
Some of the posters on here are utter wankers who wouldn't dare talk to someone in person like they do on here.
Give over.

Bolton were bottom of the league man and we couldn’t beat them

turgid performance that was rightly called out
If you subtracted their points deduction they'd still have been second bottom, I believe. So still shite.

In all honesty, I've personally not had any swipe against Parkinson. I have against Methven and Donald, as the clusterfcuk of the alleged takeover with billionaires left a sour taste.
Parkinson was appointed at a really dark time, he's basically just kept his head down and cracked on, must have taken heed of the SKP chants at the Bolton game, got him here yesterday, which in fairness gave everyone a little lift, maybe it will lead to something else.
Parky comes across as a decent bloke to me and deffo should take credit for recent results and performance.
Ultimately it's all about what happens on the pitch.

Still in the 3rd division and just started to win a few games. Hopefully we can continue and get out of this shithole. As Keano once said there is nothing to celebrate should we be promoted we would just be approaching the starting gate.
As for Parky, and as I was told when he came in, he will take no shit and will sort the place out. Nothing has changed regarding SD he has tried to sell us from day 1

Keano was an arrogant idiot. The promotion he won, and denied the supporters a parade, is the only thing he will win in his managerial career. Are we really saying that the only supporters ever to celebrate should be those that support a team who win the Premiership?

“Haway The Lads”
Well said. I don’t understand those people who use the internet to abuse people. In fact there is no need for abuse at all, vent your frustrations on here 😉

I’m still in shock at how quickly we have closed the gap. Fair play to PP for sorting the mess of a squad out. It seems so many were right about we already having the players good enough to get promoted, it was all down to fitness, motivation and tactics.

I’m buzzing reading the match reviews and comments from both managers. I know we still have a long way to go but 4 goals, 3 points, a clean sheet and 100% effort from every player, best weekend in a very long time.

Sorry like but that’s absolute bollocks. Parkinson deserved every bit of flak he got for 2 wins in 14 games and dropping us from 6th to 13th in this shambolic league.

He’s now won 3 of 5 games (which still btw is 11 points from 15, still not enough for automatic promotion from where we are) including a very fortuitous win away to Doncaster when they missed a couple of sitters to equalise, and now he’s the greatest manager since Reidy. We’ve had a decent little run around Christmas. That is all that has happened so far. Get your head out your arse and stop being so damn fickle. If we are still winning in a month then fair enough, but 5 games does not erase the utter shambles that has been his management thus far

Please do find some posts where you defended Parkinson around the Boxing Day fiasco - would love to see this.
I’ve always said he needs time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back