Let The Doubters Doubt

I didn’t say we were lucky to win. I said we were lucky they didn’t equalise at the end. Massive difference between the two.

You said and I quote:
"
including a very fortuitous win away to Doncaster "

If that isn't saying we were lucky to win, then you need to look up the meaning of the word 'fortuitous'.

Also it’s hilarious that you think the Biased Broadcasting Corporation are a good reference document for your independent match analysis.

WTF :lol:

So the BBC made Charlie Wyke missing three chances up then? It made up around one sixth of their match report on the game. I mean I've heard of BBC bias and the idea they try to influence certain things, but it's a f***ing new one on me that they have an agenda against Wyke and they're actively trying to get us to turn on him.

Besides I was there and it did happen. I was merely using it as a reference point seeing you don't do opinions. Seems your rancid bias also doesn't do independent match reports either.

You said and I quote:

If that isn't saying we were lucky to win, then you need to look up the meaning of the word 'fortuitous'.

WTF :lol:

So the BBC made Charlie Wyke missing three chances up then? It made up around one sixth of their match report on the game. I mean I've heard of BBC bias and the idea they try to influence certain things, but it's a f***ing new one on me that they have an agenda against Wyke and they're actively trying to get us to turn on him.

Besides I was there and it did happen. I was merely using it as a reference point seeing you don't do opinions. Seems your rancid bias also doesn't do independent match reports either.

So you are saying it isn’t lucky or fortunate in any way if the opposition miss 2 chances to equalise in the closing minutes of a match? I didn’t comment on the balance but from our view the fact is that Wyke did not score those chances and by the end we were fortunate they didn’t equalise
I didn’t say they had a bias against Wyke, I said they have a general bias against various clubs and regions for a variety of reasons, so I’ve no idea if they are biased against us, in favour of Doncaster, or whatever. They are utter shitehawks and believing them is akin to believing something Benno says on BBC Newcastle

Last edited:
So you are saying it isn’t lucky or fortunate in any way if the opposition miss 2 chances to equalise in the closing minutes of a match? I didn’t comment on the balance but from our view the fact is that Wyke did not score those chances and by the end we were fortunate they didn’t equalise
I didn’t say they had a bias against Wyke, I said they have a general bias against various clubs and regions for a variety of reasons, so I’ve no idea if they are biased against us, in favour of Doncaster, or whatever. They are utter shitehawks and believing them is akin to believing something Benno says on BBC Newcastle

Have you made your mind up on whether you did or didn't say the victory was fortunate yet?

We missed chances, they missed chances. We were by some distance the better team and had better chances. That's not too hard to grasp is it? Donny missing those chances wasn't fortunate, McLaughlin made a few good saves - because that's what he generally does, Donny missed chances, because that's what they generally do.

You're just talking absolute bollocks now to justify yourself and the daft way you tried to dismiss me. We all realise the BBC shows bias in areas, but it was a match report, not analysis or opinion. It was just stating Wyke missed three good chances, not trying to influence one club over another, favouring the left over the right or trying to cover something up - get a f***ing grip man.

Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”
.. Not this shite again ..

Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”
Barbaric?

Are you serious!

We've had a few good results on the bounce, we are still one weekend away from being a worse team than Bristol Rovers. Nobody has proved anything to anyone yet.

Because that is where we are. A fan typically judging us on the size of our fan base and ground. These teams in and around the top 10 of this division are similar in quality to us and the shame is the owners that have put us there and certainly not the current manager who has only been here one third of a season. We lose next week and its not a disaster, its clear that we are now on an upward trajectory but we will have some bad weeks. We dont have good enough players not to.

jesus we have won a couple of games and all of sudden it was all part of donalds master plan? we are still one defeat away from dropping back down to 12th. in league one.
Since PP the performances were better, just not the results.

were you at either of the gillingham away games? or scunthorpe away in the cup? who were near the bottom of league 2 and tonked us 3-0.

things were dire under Ross and he deservedly got peddled, but it got even worse (or certainly just as shit) under parkinson until the doncaster game at the end of december, where suddenly something changed. it wasn't gradual, as we looked a different team from the one who struggled to a 0-0 against bolton 3 days earlier.

PP had 10/11 games of utter dross when he first arrived, lets not rewrite history. and donald is still a total chancer, regardless of our upturn in form.

if we carry on this form, and go up automatically, it will mean we have achieved the bare minimum for what we should be expecting, it should be celebrated for 5 minutes then attention turned immediately to the next step of becoming a strong championship team. if that makes me sound mag-esque then so be it

Last edited:
I don’t think the OP is dishing the plaudits out at all. He’s more calling out the knee jerkers who will never be happy until we’re out of this division or, as I think, ever. In the end of the day we cannot get out of this division tomorrow, it’s a season long task. So instead of moaning he’s asking people to start supporting.

All seems very simplistic. If you just want to support the club then great, it's a positive for the club.

If you want to look further than purely the results and make a prediction that the club isn't performing well enough or that key individuals are not correct for this club then that is their prerogative.

Theres always so much polarisation that for you to have an opinion you must be opposed to those who dont share it. It's odd.

The change in attitude is to be celebrated though. We are now playing as a team and hustling and harrying all game. It's take PP a while and a few sackings to sort his out, but the players have got the message now. I don't see why their heads would drop now that they know they can win well with their fitness and formation.

All I can see happening now is confidence will build even further and we will be that form team who comes with late charge to burn off the others.
I agree, although I expect a few ups and downs on the way. There will be more than a few on here hoping for it to blow up just so they can justify some previous post or comment about Parkinson or Ross. Onwards and upwards.

I agree, although I expect a few ups and downs on the way. There will be more than a few on here hoping for it to blow up just so they can justify some previous post or comment about Parkinson or Ross. Onwards and upwards.

i'd bet there isn't a single person, on here or safc fan in anywhere in the slightest, that doesn't want to see us promoted this season. and next season. and win the premier league. then the champions league. and if that is with parkinson in charge, donald still here, wyke still up front, then there'll be no complaints.

won't change the fact that the last 6 years, and last 18 months especially since donald arrived, have been for the most part a total disaster

What I liked yesterday was seeing Parkinson organise our team from the touch line. Even second half when we were 3 up he was barking out instructions.

Ross used to stand there like a tailor’s dummy.

SD is a different matter though. Needs to go.
Ross should have gone long before he did, even before the 2 poor shows at Wembley.

jesus we have won a couple of games and all of sudden it was all part of donalds master plan? we are still one defeat away from dropping back down to 12th. in league one.

were you at either of the gillingham away games? or scunthorpe away in the cup? who were near the bottom of league 2 and tonked us 3-0.

things were dire under Ross and he deservedly got peddled, but it got even worse (or certainly just as shit) under parkinson until the doncaster game at the end of december, where suddenly something changed. it wasn't gradual, as we looked a different team from the one who struggled to a 0-0 against bolton 3 days earlier.

PP had 10/11 games of utter dross when he first arrived, lets not rewrite history. and donald is still a total chancer, regardless of our upturn in form.

if we carry on this form, and go up automatically, it will mean we have achieved the bare minimum for what we should be expecting, it should be celebrated for 5 minutes then attention turned immediately to the next step of becoming a strong championship team. if that makes me sound mag-esque then so be it
Aye, gillingham was atrocious

Nowhere near as bad as Lincoln away, or Ipswich first half mind.

Have you made your mind up on whether you did or didn't say the victory was fortunate yet?

We missed chances, they missed chances. We were by some distance the better team and had better chances. That's not too hard to grasp is it? Donny missing those chances wasn't fortunate, McLaughlin made a few good saves - because that's what he generally does, Donny missed chances, because that's what they generally do.

You're just talking absolute bollocks now to justify yourself and the daft way you tried to dismiss me. We all realise the BBC shows bias in areas, but it was a match report, not analysis or opinion. It was just stating Wyke missed three good chances, not trying to influence one club over another, favouring the left over the right or trying to cover something up - get a f***ing grip man.

So when the opposition misses chances there is no fortune in that whatsoever?

“Haway The Lads”

Have a medal. How has his family endured abuse?
We were headed for relegation and oblivion about 3 weeks ago!

The OP would be no where to be seen if our poor form had continued. We were playing like shite, couldn't win and were 15th. Only a thick idiot would be surprised by our supporters' response.

Last edited:
Aye, gillingham was atrocious

Nowhere near as bad as Lincoln away, or Ipswich first half mind.

I wasnt at Ipswich but was at lincoln, wycombe, Shrewsbury and gillingham during that period they all just seemed to merge into one giant lump of shite. Along with the home games. Right up till Doncaster away the whole season had been a disgrace on and off the pitch. It's going to take more than 5 decent games for all to be forgiven

Automatic promotion this season is the only way the club can truly repay us for what they have served up the last 18 months

I wasnt at Ipswich but was at lincoln, wycombe, Shrewsbury and gillingham during that period they all just seemed to merge into one giant lump of shite. Along with the home games. Right up till Doncaster away the whole season had been a disgrace on and off the pitch. It's going to take more than 5 decent games for all to be forgiven

Automatic promotion this season is the only way the club can truly repay us for what they have served up the last 18 months
Too right marra.
However, I am fairly confident that it will be more than 5 decent games (fingers crossed).

Back