Let The Doubters Doubt

Mack62

Full Back
Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”

Last edited:

Still in the 3rd division and just started to win a few games. Hopefully we can continue and get out of this shithole. As Keano once said there is nothing to celebrate should we be promoted we would just be approaching the starting gate.
As for Parky, and as I was told when he came in, he will take no shit and will sort the place out. Nothing has changed regarding SD he has tried to sell us from day 1

Kieron Brady regularly makes the point that Sunderland players have to do very little to earn almost hero status. He admits to being a beneficiary himself.

Lets just enjoy the moment and not get too carried away.

Once the hysteria of yesterday’s excellent win dies down we can look at a league table that has us in 6th place, six points off the leaders with a game in hand.

If we continue yesterday’s form and energy levels there’s no reason why we can’t achieve success this season.

If we do then that’s the time to start dishing the plaudits out.

Kieron Brady regularly makes the point that Sunderland players have to do very little to earn almost hero status. He admits to being a beneficiary himself.

Lets just enjoy the moment and not get too carried away.

Once the hysteria of yesterday’s excellent win dies down we can look at a league table that has us in 6th place, six points off the leaders with a game in hand.

If we continue yesterday’s form and energy levels there’s no reason why we can’t achieve success this season.

If we do then that’s the time to start dishing the plaudits out.
I don’t think the OP is dishing the plaudits out at all. He’s more calling out the knee jerkers who will never be happy until we’re out of this division or, as I think, ever. In the end of the day we cannot get out of this division tomorrow, it’s a season long task. So instead of moaning he’s asking people to start supporting.

While I'm not getting too carried away yet, I've got say it's becoming a pleasure to go to the match now - we are building some momentum in home games, and it's now becoming a difficult place for the away team to come to.

I don’t think the OP is dishing the plaudits out at all. He’s more calling out the knee jerkers who will never be happy until we’re out of this division or, as I think, ever. In the end of the day we cannot get out of this division tomorrow, it’s a season long task. So instead of moaning he’s asking people to start supporting.

I wasn’t doubting the op’s point but merely reiterating a point made by a former player of the club. Brady feels that time and time again over the years Sunderland as a club have accepted mediocrity to such a degree that any player or side who demonstrate for even the briefest period, anything that rises above mediocrity, receives undeserved adulation.

Keane’s stance on refusing an open bus parade for winning the championship was extreme but I suspect he thought along very similar lines.

Of course we’re going to celebrate any victory and rightly so but let’s not forget who we are. We shouldn’t be anywhere near this league.

Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”

Part of the flack SD receives is surely due to the fact that weve had multiple important employees leave without replacement and were in danger of losing our academy status

“Haway The Lads”
SD has been peddling the club for months man.
Davison leaves, Methven leaves then all of a sudden......

“Haway The Lads”

Sorry like but that’s absolute bollocks. Parkinson deserved every bit of flak he got for 2 wins in 14 games and dropping us from 6th to 13th in this shambolic league.

He’s now won 3 of 5 games (which still btw is 11 points from 15, still not enough for automatic promotion from where we are) including a very fortuitous win away to Doncaster when they missed a couple of sitters to equalise, and now he’s the greatest manager since Reidy. We’ve had a decent little run around Christmas. That is all that has happened so far. Get your head out your arse and stop being so damn fickle. If we are still winning in a month then fair enough, but 5 games does not erase the utter shambles that has been his management thus far

Please do find some posts where you defended Parkinson around the Boxing Day fiasco - would love to see this.

I thought Mcgeady was been made a scapegoat, looks like I was wrong!
Sorry like but that’s absolute bollocks. Parkinson deserved every bit of flak he got for 2 wins in 14 games and dropping us from 6th to 13th in this shambolic league.

He’s now won 3 of 5 games (which still btw is 11 points from 15, still not enough for automatic promotion from where we are) including a very fortuitous win away to Doncaster when they missed a couple of sitters to equalise, and now he’s the greatest manager since Reidy. We’ve had a decent little run around Christmas. That is all that has happened so far. Get your head out your arse and stop being so damn fickle. If we are still winning in a month then fair enough, but 5 games does not erase the utter shambles that has been his management thus far

Please do find some posts where you defended Parkinson around the Boxing Day fiasco - would love to see this.
We weren't lucky at Doncaster mind

Last edited:
Apart from the performances have improved massively and the players look fit and organised. Whilst it’s too soon to say Parkinson has proven himself he’s certainly proven Ross wasn’t up to the job.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season, we're currently back into the position Ross left us in.

Didn't Donald deny that his family had suffered 'barbaric' abuse? Wasn't that something Methven peddled on the defensive?

Also, as for the mention of games in hand, the three teams directly above us are also on 24 games so if we all win, we'll still be in sixth.

“Haway The Lads”
We were 6th when he took over weren’t we?, you can rewrite history as much as you want parky deserved the criticism just as much as he deserves the praise for the upturn. Let’s hope it isn’t a blip and we go on from here as this league is f***ing barking and we should be getting out of it.

“Haway The Lads”
Absolutely mental that we still have people who are blinded by the owner. Astonishing really.

“Haway The Lads”
Rubbish man

let the doubters doubt lol

we were 15th and in our lowest position in our 139 year history. The fans had a duty to scream blue murder

there was no indication just 2 or so weeks ago that we were on our way to 6th and thrashing the league leaders

my take in it is that since the fans screamed blue murder the club has got their act together

about time too

Back