Let The Doubters Doubt

So when the opposition misses chances there is no fortune in that whatsoever?

They weren't open goals, they weren't nailed on scoring chances, otherwise they might have like....scored.

You said the result was fortuitous - it wasn't, it was deserved and it certainly wasn't lucky.

And since you're desperately trying to get out of the hole you've dug yourself and are now clinging onto a couple of chances at the end of the game and suggesting we've been lucky because Donny didn't take them - actually I'd say when it comes to taking chances it's more about ability, technique and composure than fortune. So your answer is no, it certainly wasn't fortuitous.

And you're also ignoring we went close at the end as well, we broke a few times and pissed about at the corner flag once or twice as well.

Last edited:

They weren't open goals, they weren't nailed on scoring chances, otherwise they might have like....scored.

You said the result was fortuitous - it wasn't, it was deserved and it certainly wasn't lucky.

And since you're desperately trying to get out of the hole you've dug yourself and are now clinging onto a couple of chances at the end of the game and suggesting we've been lucky because Donny didn't take them - actually I'd say when it comes to taking chances it's more about ability, technique and composure than fortune. So your answer is no, it certainly wasn't fortuitous.

And you're also ignoring we went close at the end as well, we broke a few times and pissed about at the corner flag once or twice as well.

What a pile of crap

Early days, but I do believe that since McGeady was outed from the first team we have become a better outfit.

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again and again. PP should never have taken the flak for the performances, he inherited a squad of players who he now appears to have turned into his own.

Good on SD and PP for proving the doubters (and their were many on this board) wrong. Let’s hope the Social Media keyboarders warriors now STFU and get behind PP and his team.

Sadly I think it’s to late for SD to change his mindset after the barbaric abuse he and his family have endured (Shocking).

Here’s to continued improvement, I’ve said this before too Luton did what we are doing last year.

“Haway The Lads”

It’s been 2.5 weeks and just 4 games since we drew 0-0 at home to Bolton to make it something like 2 wins in 14.

Recent performances have been very good yes, and if we carry on in this way then a lot, myself included, will be eating humble pie. However, it’s been 4 games. There’s a long way to go. Here’s hoping though

So he shouldnt have took flak because he inherited a bad squad but deserves credit for making the squad his own. SMB logic right there

All seems very simplistic. If you just want to support the club then great, it's a positive for the club.

If you want to look further than purely the results and make a prediction that the club isn't performing well enough or that key individuals are not correct for this club then that is their prerogative.

Theres always so much polarisation that for you to have an opinion you must be opposed to those who dont share it. It's odd.
Couldn’t agree more with you. In all fairness about 50% of my posts here are offering balance and the other 50% are me getting frustrated at the polarisation of the comments on here. Gone are the days on here of people just joining in on discussions they have a genuine opinion on rather than just telling people they are wrong.

Says the man who first called our win at Doncaster "fortuitous" then said he never said we were fortunate to win, when he actually had, then dismissed the BBC match report stating Wyke missed 3 good chances as bias with his own rancid bias and then has continued to try and wriggle out of his little hole.

Rattled aren’t you...

You can both be lucky to escape with a result whilst the overall result was fair. Such philosophical paradoxes would, of course, slip past your simple mind. Go to bed child.

All seems very simplistic. If you just want to support the club then great, it's a positive for the club.

If you want to look further than purely the results and make a prediction that the club isn't performing well enough or that key individuals are not correct for this club then that is their prerogative.

Theres always so much polarisation that for you to have an opinion you must be opposed to those who dont share it. It's odd.
It’s the way of the world now mate. Not confined to here.

I don’t think the OP is dishing the plaudits out at all. He’s more calling out the knee jerkers who will never be happy until we’re out of this division or, as I think, ever. In the end of the day we cannot get out of this division tomorrow, it’s a season long task. So instead of moaning he’s asking people to start supporting.

Knee jerkers? :lol:
Are they the ones who smugly reckon they’ve won the Internet because of our recent improvement in form, or the fans who’ve been criticising the way the club is been run and the poor results we’ve endured for ages, including a disastrous run under PP that saw us plummet down the league winning just two games in fourteen?

This place is going down the shitter, alleged SAFC fans starting threads slagging off other posters like they supported a different team. I wish the mods would have a clear out of these attention seekers looking for bites.

Rattled aren’t you...

You can both be lucky to escape with a result whilst the overall result was fair. Such philosophical paradoxes would, of course, slip past your simple mind. Go to bed child.

Rattled, certainly not off you :lol:

Just pointing out that not only have you lied about what you said, but you've also tried to spin what you originally said by accusing the BBC of being bias when I presented their report stating that Wyke had missed three chances. I mean wtf?

All just because you were wanting to discredit the idea that the recent form of the team stretched more than a couple of games, likely because of previous criticism of the manager.

Rattled, certainly not off you :lol:

Just pointing out that not only have you lied about what you said, but you've also tried to spin what you originally said by accusing the BBC of being bias when I presented their report stating that Wyke had missed three chances. I mean wtf?

All just because you were wanting to discredit the idea that the recent form of the team stretched more than a couple of games, likely because of previous criticism of the manager.

Took a while to compose yourself. You had a cuppa and calmed down dear?

Knee jerkers? :lol:
Are they the ones who smugly reckon they’ve won the Internet because of our recent improvement in form, or the fans who’ve been criticising the way the club is been run and the poor results we’ve endured for ages, including a disastrous run under PP that saw us plummet down the league winning just two games in fourteen?

This place is going down the shitter, alleged SAFC fans starting threads slagging off other posters like they supported a different team. I wish the mods would have a clear out of these attention seekers looking for bites.
Starting with you

Back