Lee Johnson - mic'd up training session...

Status
Not open for further replies.

On this thought just listening to Connar Bromley last week on RR, when he worked for the club he soon noticed that Parkinson was very strange and wouldn't really talk to anybody...he said he was the type of person if he seen you walking towards him in the street he would most likely cross over so he didn't have to make eye contact and speak to you....bit weird he said

That's nonsense. I only managed to visit the academy once during my time at the club but on the one occasion that I did Parkinson invited me into the manager's office and we spoke at length about what our department can offer the football side of the club and what they could offer our department. We were in the process of setting up meet and greets with the supporters branches and he gave us an idea of his schedule and how he could get involved. I was at the academy with CW to pick something up from a different department and when Parkinson heard we were there he invited us in. Certainly didn't come across as someone who would intentionally avoid conversation.

He's a definite head coach type.

Where's the discipline going to come from?

Is old fashioned discipline even needed nowadays, if a proper, repsected and respectful structure is set in place at a club?

I've no idea who his usual backroom staff are, or what they offer. Or whether he'll even bring anyone at all.

Well at least Rangers will give you something to keep you cheerful over the next six months I hope.
f***ing hell mate, have you seen that Disney movie where the characters are all emotions inside the kid's head? I'm getting massive Sadness vibes from your posts today or maybe Eeyore. I'd log off and eat a load of choclate or summat if I were you.
Calls them 'mate'.

Good or bad thing? Considering a lot of people think what we actually need is a Pearson type to scare the shit out them.
I don't mind if he adds "mate" onto instructions to our midfield that are "pass it forwards to a team mate quickly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Mental how quickly people get an us vs them mindset. It's a sign if change at the club, changing is a long process and there might be stuff people disagree with. It's the same in business and every sector. Gotta give it a chance see how things turn out.

That's nonsense. I only managed to visit the academy once during my time at the club but on the one occasion that I did Parkinson invited me into the manager's office and we spoke at length about what our department can offer the football side of the club and what they could offer our department. We were in the process of setting up meet and greets with the supporters branches and he gave us an idea of his schedule and how he could get involved. I was at the academy with CW to pick something up from a different department and when Parkinson heard we were there he invited us in. Certainly didn't come across as someone who would intentionally avoid conversation.

Just what the lad said last week on his podcast

What was your role marra? From the outside looking in he looks uncomfortable when having to speak to people. That might just be the media spotlight mind.

What was your role marra? From the outside looking in he looks uncomfortable when having to speak to people. That might just be the media spotlight mind.

Supporter Engagement. Met the manager a couple of times in organised post match meet and greets and on that occasion at the academy. Always came across as warm and pleasant. During one of the post match meet and greets his older son was waiting on him for a lift into Newcastle (I know I know) to go on the piss which came across as just a bit... normal.

Presumably they felt a fresh approach was needed but didn't feel the need to reinvent the wheel.

Hopefully with a sporting director in place, that can be how we approach things from now on.

it didn't really click until you mentioned his staff. No idea who will be his assistant now his old assistant has the main job at BCFC? Wonder if Andrew Taylor will become the new Robbie Stockdale. :lol:

If your mic is on you are going to portray yourself as best as possible. All that matters are performances and results

On this thought just listening to Connar Bromley last week on RR, when he worked for the club he soon noticed that Parkinson was very strange and wouldn't really talk to anybody...he said he was the type of person if he seen you walking towards him in the street he would most likely cross over so he didn't have to make eye contact and speak to you....bit weird he said

Or just an introvert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back