Lee Johnson - mic'd up training session...

That's nonsense. I only managed to visit the academy once during my time at the club but on the one occasion that I did Parkinson invited me into the manager's office and we spoke at length about what our department can offer the football side of the club and what they could offer our department. We were in the process of setting up meet and greets with the supporters branches and he gave us an idea of his schedule and how he could get involved. I was at the academy with CW to pick something up from a different department and when Parkinson heard we were there he invited us in. Certainly didn't come across as someone who would intentionally avoid conversation.
..he must have been bored mate.

The only thing I took from that is he‘s pally pally with the players. All well and good when things are going well. The players have been taking the piss lately. Immediately comes across better than Parkinson though.

Last edited:
Interesting comparison. And I get it, a bit Brent-like in the banter.

But at least Rodgers has an air of authority and managerial qualities to go along with his natural head coach persuasion.

I'm not against the role of head coach, especially when implemented alongside a sporting director. I think it's the right thing for the club to do.

But I worry that Johnson is the man we need controlling the first team.

Agreed. We have to have a set up in place where if the head coach/manager leaves then we find a manager who fits in with us and we're not changing everything for them

Nice bit of chitter chatter from him there and very nicey nicey. Looks and sounds the type who’ll be all pally with the squad and basically be one of the lads. Doubt any of them will ever get a bollocking from him.
Hope I’m wrong and he has a different side to him but we need a manager who’ll get amongst this shower of shit!

Nice bit of chitter chatter from him there and very nicey nicey. Looks and sounds the type who’ll be all pally with the squad and basically be one of the lads. Doubt any of them will ever get a bollocking from him.
Hope I’m wrong and he has a different side to him but we need a manager who’ll get amongst this shower of shit!
Hey don't tell Summerbee that

That's nonsense. I only managed to visit the academy once during my time at the club but on the one occasion that I did Parkinson invited me into the manager's office and we spoke at length about what our department can offer the football side of the club and what they could offer our department. We were in the process of setting up meet and greets with the supporters branches and he gave us an idea of his schedule and how he could get involved. I was at the academy with CW to pick something up from a different department and when Parkinson heard we were there he invited us in. Certainly didn't come across as someone who would intentionally avoid conversation.
Sounds like Connor was the problem!
Fuck me is that David Brent? :eek:
It’s cringey to me, but if players respond it’s a good thing

Last edited:
Came across like a bit of a wide boy bellend to me like. Having said that maybe the players will like his approach. I guess his patter matters not if we can win football matches and get out of this God awful league. Underwhelmed but I've learnt to have low expectations to avoid the inevitable disappointment. Wish him well.

Back