Lee Johnson - mic'd up training session...

Seems a bit forced and is a bit Brendan Rodgersesque
What I thought, then I also remembered when people didn't want Rodgers here (think it was just before he went to Celtic) then I thought how poorly Rodgers has done since our fans didn't want him and how well we've done 🤷‍♂️ So maybe we just have to wait and see.

Zero authority and desperate to be liked is all I picked up from that. David Brent’s younger, shorter and more pathetic brother.
This. He is seriously NOT what we need. He will be out of his depth but giving it the big I am.
I have always given new managers/owners my backing and even got excited with hope. Not this time, LJ is yet another bad decision by our owners. I’m done.

Hope he does well, but to think some of people who’ve managed us, even in our recent history. People who command respect Keane, Reid, even McCarthy and this guy just seems small fry, like the owners, so can see why it’s a good fit for them. He’s never managed a big club and his record with ones he’s managed is average, would of been better to go for the gamble with Phillips for me, especially as it’s a first team coach role. Reckon it’s gunna all end in tears .....again

Based on the few bits and pieces (like this) that I've seen of Lee Johnson, he seems like quite a tactical minded coach, as opposed to a respected, motivational manager, if that makes sense. Obviously that has its pros and its cons.

I'm expecting to see tweaks to tactics and formations, dependent on the situation and the opposition. I'm not sure he'll have his players running through brick walls for him.
Any fucker with a coaching badge can draw on a tactics board man

Preseason in Marbella, he probably went out with the lads every night, not convinced. Looked like he knew the cameras were on didn't he. Asking a player is it mentality or clarity why he is playing well?? Not the hours of training he has put in or extra sessions etc, says it all really.

Back