Lee Johnson - mic'd up training session...

Thanks @doverman. I always enjoy watching these types of things. He seems to have a good relationship with his players, which is always important.

Decent craic with the supporters that are there too which is always handy. Doesn't come across as if they were an inconvenience.

“Switch to the light side”. You can’t expect our shower to switch the ball, they’re too busy watching their own feet in case they fall over.

Good to see stuff like that. Unfortunately so many have made their minds up because they don't know who he is, but he's not Poyet. I said today I'd be disappointed if it was him, but I am keen to see what he can do and I like that he backs himself in our new setup. Looking forward to the next few months way more now.
Think he comes across well and confident.....cannot not get behind him.....didn't realise he was so small though...just googled and he's only 5ft 6....he did look tiny compared to the rest of the team
Have we signed him to play centre-mid?

Based on the few bits and pieces (like this) that I've seen of Lee Johnson, he seems like quite a tactical minded coach, as opposed to a respected, motivational manager, if that makes sense. Obviously that has its pros and its cons.

I'm expecting to see tweaks to tactics and formations, dependent on the situation and the opposition. I'm not sure he'll have his players running through brick walls for him.

Based on the few bits and pieces (like this) that I've seen of Lee Johnson, he seems like quite a tactical minded coach, as opposed to a respected, motivational manager, if that makes sense. Obviously that has its pros and its cons.

I'm expecting to see tweaks to tactics and formations, dependent on the situation and the opposition. I'm not sure he'll have his players running through brick walls for him.

Given that we're appointing a head coach rather than a manager then this makes perfect sense.

I always remember being very impressed with Bristol City in their league cup semi final with Man City. They went stride for stride with City.

Back