Lee Barry Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is beyond shit man. Even our awful awful midfield is by a fair margin better than him
That, sir, is a post of Chernobyl grade drivel. Our midfield is weak as piss and has been much much worse without Cattermole in there. Like him or not, he was still a good player at this level and did a very good job in his last season.

He's been absolutely shite over there. Dropped almost immediately

Found out the same way as Pardew did that being bang average in England doesn't necessarily mean you can go to Holland and be alright
Or as we found out with Jozy, being brilliant in Holland doesn't mean you won't be SHITE in England ! FTM

Catts would never have scored half as many goals in a season again. That season was a fluke - a total one off.

For the money he was paid he was poor value. He was a problem in our team at the end of thy league one season. Too ill disciplined positionally, too prone to meandering into attacking positions but too immobile to get back. Poorly used by Ross I might add, though. Should have been told to sit in front of the defence and never f***ing move.

Replacing him should have been easy. That wage should have paid for three or four top league one performers. He wasn’t one of the best midfielders in league one at that point, remember. Sadly, the morons in charge decided to send him on his way while still paying him - and didn’t really do much to replace him. The absolute worst of all worlds.
Was a good player for us albeit on far too much money. Better than anything we have in his position. Would personally have him back. Oh and a good leader on the pitch something we definitely haven’t got.
He is beyond shit man. Even our awful awful midfield is by a fair margin better than him
Are you taking the piss ?

Last edited:
Took them one season to our 10 years
:lol:
Epitomises why we are where we are , paying shite overrated footballers for far too long on ridiculous wages
They sussed him out in one season that we couldn’t do in ten
embarrassing

Last edited:
Was a good player for us albeit on far too much money. Better than anything we have in his position. Would personally have him back. Oh and a good leader on the pitch something we definitely haven’t got.

Are you taking the piss ?
A good player ?
Remind me of his stand out games in 10 years
He wasn’t a good player , instrumental in our fall from the premier to league one

A good player ?
He wasn’t a good player , instrumental in our fall from the premier to league one
Over paid- yes . Injured quite a bit - yes . But to be fair ran through brick walls for the club, always wanted the ball and never hid. Great servant to the club and we didn’t pay a huge fee for him. Whenever he got dropped rolled his sleeves up and got back in the team. Had some bad games like anyone but in the big games the derbies, great escape, cup final/ cup run , Portsmouth away play off he was excellent.He was also a very good player in league one. One of our few players in recent times i have no issues with. People blame him and o’ shea for the club struggling when in fact we needed more players like them.

Over paid- yes . Injured quite a bit - yes . But to be fair ran through brick walls for the club, always wanted the ball and never hid. Great servant to the club and we didn’t pay a huge fee for him. Whenever he got dropped rolled his sleeves up and got back in the team. Had some bad games like anyone but in the big games the derbies, great escape, cup final/ cup run , Portsmouth away play off he was excellent.He was also a very good player in league one. One of our few players in recent times i have no issues with. People blame him and o’ shea for the club struggling when in fact we needed more players like them.
Well put mate. Totally agree.

He’s a decent lad, a hard worker, competitor , did very well in this division but we have to find a way of going forwards not backwards. I bet he’s learned a lot as a player he should go into coaching.

Not cutting the mustard in the Dutch top flight doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a solid player in League 1. Because of his reputation he has been pigeon holed as a thuggish ball winner but that’s bollocks, Catts can really knock a ball around and was genuine PL standard. Badly utilised in his later years with Sunderland.

A good player ?

Instrumental in our longest stint in the premiership for 50 years ;)
Not cutting the mustard in the Dutch top flight doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a solid player in League 1. Because of his reputation he has been pigeon holed as a thuggish ball winner but that’s bollocks, Catts can really knock a ball around and was genuine PL standard. Badly utilised in his later years with Sunderland.

I agree but it wasn't as if he didnt cut the mustard last season for them. Very popular with team and supporters and did well when fit. The current climate means they have to let him go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back