Lee Barry Cattermole

Catts would never have scored half as many goals in a season again. That season was a fluke - a total one off.

For the money he was paid he was poor value. He was a problem in our team at the end of thy league one season. Too ill disciplined positionally, too prone to meandering into attacking positions but too immobile to get back. Poorly used by Ross I might add, though. Should have been told to sit in front of the defence and never f***ing move.

Replacing him should have been easy. That wage should have paid for three or four top league one performers. He wasn’t one of the best midfielders in league one at that point, remember. Sadly, the morons in charge decided to send him on his way while still paying him - and didn’t really do much to replace him. The absolute worst of all worlds.

Replacing him wouldn't have been easy, our captain, Tom Naylor, says he had a done deal to sign for SAFC before SD came in, but it was withdrawn at the lastmin because SD thought his wage demands were too high so you got McGeouch instead. There's like one or two defensive midfielders in League One who are as good as Cattermole defensively,and none that are as good technically or going forward (I know that sounds like a pisstake, but at this level its true)

If he's picking up £20k a week just sat on his arse doing nowt he'll end up somewhere he wants to be while they just top him up with a bit of beer money.

Catts would never have scored half as many goals in a season again. That season was a fluke - a total one off.

For the money he was paid he was poor value. He was a problem in our team at the end of thy league one season. Too ill disciplined positionally, too prone to meandering into attacking positions but too immobile to get back. Poorly used by Ross I might add, though. Should have been told to sit in front of the defence and never f***ing move.

Replacing him should have been easy. That wage should have paid for three or four top league one performers. He wasn’t one of the best midfielders in league one at that point, remember. Sadly, the morons in charge decided to send him on his way while still paying him - and didn’t really do much to replace him. The absolute worst of all worlds.

Sorry but this is total and utter bullshit.

'Venlo's technical director Stan Valckx has confirmed that Cattermole will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of the season, citing financial and sporting reasons.' (Evening Chronicle). The 'including sporting reasons' rider says it all for me. And all this talk of re-signing him is foolishness beyond belief. Anyone who can play football knows a player when his legs have gone and Cattermole's pace went years ago. He can shout all he wants to direct others around him but we need the likes of O'Nien to just get a bit more experience to grow into the box to box player we know Cattermole wanted to be but was couldn't manage it.

'Venlo's technical director Stan Valckx has confirmed that Cattermole will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of the season, citing financial and sporting reasons.' (Evening Chronicle). The 'including sporting reasons' rider says it all for me. And all this talk of re-signing him is foolishness beyond belief. Anyone who can play football knows a player when his legs have gone and Cattermole's pace went years ago. He can shout all he wants to direct others around him but we need the likes of O'Nien to just get a bit more experience to grow into the box to box player we know Cattermole wanted to be but was couldn't manage it.

He's never had any pace 😂

Replacing him wouldn't have been easy, our captain, Tom Naylor, says he had a done deal to sign for SAFC before SD came in, but it was withdrawn at the lastmin because SD thought his wage demands were too high so you got McGeouch instead. There's like one or two defensive midfielders in League One who are as good as Cattermole defensively,and none that are as good technically or going forward (I know that sounds like a pisstake, but at this level its true)
Excellent player is Naylor I’ve been impressed with him every time I’ve watched him, wish we’d signed him

Back