Latest on me dad, apologies if it’s boring but it’s the most important thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me at the minute.
He’s had 3 weeks chemo, this week is his week off, hence the update. He’s had no bad effects, unfortunately that meant we’ve had to go to the match :)
Overalll he’s carrying on carrying on as normal like a bloody hero he is to me xx
Superb :cool:

For me at the minute.
He’s had 3 weeks chemo, this week is his week off, hence the update. He’s had no bad effects, unfortunately that meant we’ve had to go to the match :)
Overalll he’s carrying on carrying on as normal like a bloody hero he is to me xx
Pleased to hear that . You and your dad are in our thoughts .

Thank you, I’m not daft I know the way it’ll end but I’m taking every positive I can x

You just have to keep on making those memories. If he is still making you go to the march, a home win would not go miss.

Wishing him better.

Keep us in the loop Janey.

I lost my dad before he even had the chance to start treatment like this - it's heartwarming to hear that you have had that chance to spend extra time together. Wishing you both the best!

I am assuming you are quite young - possibly mid twenties (by that I mean in comparison to me), it must be very devastating to lose a parent at an early age.

I am off to the match today and meeting up with my father who is fighting fit (long may that be the case) and in in his mid seventies - I should count my blessings.

He's got an aortic aneurysm. It's now grown to a size where it's dangerous and it could rupture at any time which would be fatal. He really needs an operation but because of his stroke, they don't know if he can handle a general anaesthetic. They think they can do it by going up the vein from his groin but they can't decide on if it's suitable or not. So we're just waiting until they decide!

Good luck with whatever treatment they deem suitable.

Last edited:
I am assuming you are quite young - possibly mid twenties (by that I mean in comparison to me), it must be very devastating to lose a parent at an early age.

I am off to the match today and meeting up with my father who is fighting fit (long may that be the case) and in in his mid seventies - I should count my blessings.

Yeah, few years ago when I was 20. The death came as a bit of a relief in the end as weird as that may sound. Being a full time carer for your parent and seeing them deteriorate so quickly was heartbreaking, I just wanted him to be out of that misery, he was just waiting to die. :(

Thanks for the kind words. For anyone going through situations like this please ensure that you look after yourself as much as your loved one. It can be so easy to forget about looking after your own mental and physical health. My inbox is always open if anyone wants a chat or just get something off their chest.

Good for your dad Janey.

Horrible disease.

Hope he does as well as my father-in-law. He got 5 years from diagnosis. Was fairly old and frail anyway but wasn't too affected untill he faded quickly at the end. Didn't really suffer. It's sort of the best that can be hoped for with pancreatic ca.

Grab on to it and treasure the time you get.

For me at the minute.
Good news is never boring @janey . In fact it's very thoughtful of you to share yours with us. :D

Great news Janey. Glad it's a kinder chemo and that's great news about the lack of side effects, sometimes fatigue can be cumulative but the best thing for this is to be up and about. All the best to Mr Janey senior.

Yeah, few years ago when I was 20. The death came as a bit of a relief in the end as weird as that may sound. Being a full time carer for your parent and seeing them deteriorate so quickly was heartbreaking, I just wanted him to be out of that misery, he was just waiting to die. :(

Thanks for the kind words. For anyone going through situations like this please ensure that you look after yourself as much as your loved one. It can be so easy to forget about looking after your own mental and physical health. My inbox is always open if anyone wants a chat or just get something off their chest.

I do think that is so true, for anyone acting as a carer it is equally important to make survey I used look after / make for yourself.

I totally understand what you mean when you refer to it being a relief, I went through it with my grandfather where he was just waiting to die.

If it was an animal, it would be considered cruel to keep them alive, you would put them out of their misery. but that is not allowed with humans?

Take care!

Great news Janey. Glad it's a kinder chemo and that's great news about the lack of side effects, sometimes fatigue can be cumulative but the best thing for this is to be up and about. All the best to Mr Janey senior.
Considering he’s 79 he’s quite remarkable, thank you xx

I do think that is so true, for anyone acting as a carer it is equally important to make survey I used look after / make for yourself.

I totally understand what you mean when you refer to it being a relief, I went through it with my grandfather where he was just waiting to die.

If it was an animal, it would be considered cruel to keep them alive, you would put them out of their misery. but that is not allowed with humans?

Take care!

Completely mate. The fact we have to wait and watch love ones die slowly is totally inhumane. There is no way anyone should have to endure that in the western civilised society that we live in. We'd kill an animal going through less. I'd have happily been the one to give my dad the final taste of medicine/injection whatever it may have been to get him out of that. I appreciate the legal issues around it, but come on for fuck sake, try going through that as a loved one, it can destroy a person. I'm lucky it was only a month or so.

Thanks again pal. This board is fantastic.

Thoughts with you and yours.
Great to hear janey, me ma crashes a bit this morning the effects of her first chemo seem to be kicking in, I think it’s the steroids wearing out too as I’ve felt the high and lows of a steroid crash myself. Fingers crossed it goes after a few days.

Sorry to read this mate, thoughts are with you and your family.
Awww so horrible, so sorry xxx
That’s shit mate
Thoughts with you - keep strong
Aww that's a horrible thing to happen at this time of year. Fingers crossed he manages to hang on. Have a hug xx

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back