Latest on me dad, apologies if it’s boring but it’s the most important thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's got an aortic aneurysm. It's now grown to a size where it's dangerous and it could rupture at any time which would be fatal. He really needs an operation but because of his stroke, they don't know if he can handle a general anaesthetic. They think they can do it by going up the vein from his groin but they can't decide on if it's suitable or not. So we're just waiting until they decide!
Aww Becs that’s poo I so hope they can come up with a plan xxx

For me at the minute.
He’s had 3 weeks chemo, this week is his week off, hence the update. He’s had no bad effects, unfortunately that meant we’ve had to go to the match :)
Overalll he’s carrying on carrying on as normal like a bloody hero he is to me xx
Great news!
Shame about the match! :)

He's got an aortic aneurysm. It's now grown to a size where it's dangerous and it could rupture at any time which would be fatal. He really needs an operation but because of his stroke, they don't know if he can handle a general anaesthetic. They think they can do it by going up the vein from his groin but they can't decide on if it's suitable or not. So we're just waiting until they decide!

That's not so good. Really difficult for you, your dad and the medical team and I hope it all goes well.

@janey, not sure that posting together with my reply to @becs is appropriate but really pleased that things are going well for your dad (match apart).

For me at the minute.
He’s had 3 weeks chemo, this week is his week off, hence the update. He’s had no bad effects, unfortunately that meant we’ve had to go to the match :)
Overalll he’s carrying on carrying on as normal like a bloody hero he is to me xx
never even think posting updates about dad is boring , good luck to him.

Thank you, I’m not daft I know the way it’ll end but I’m taking every positive I can x

Haven't said out on here till tonight but my brother got a terminal dianosis last month and wiļl be lucky to see Christmas :mad:

Haven't said out on here till tonight but my brother got a terminal dianosis last month and wiļl be lucky to see Christmas :mad:

Aww that's a horrible thing to happen at this time of year. Fingers crossed he manages to hang on. Have a hug xx

Great to hear janey, me ma crashes a bit this morning the effects of her first chemo seem to be kicking in, I think it’s the steroids wearing out too as I’ve felt the high and lows of a steroid crash myself. Fingers crossed it goes after a few days.

Sorry to read this mate, thoughts are with you and your family.

Great to hear janey, me ma crashes a bit this morning the effects of her first chemo seem to be kicking in, I think it’s the steroids wearing out too as I’ve felt the high and lows of a steroid crash myself. Fingers crossed it goes after a few days.

Sorry to read this mate, thoughts are with you and your family.
I think the type of chemo makes a difference to how people react too. Me dads was described to us as being a ‘kinder’ chemo.
I hope your mam gets over her crash quickly xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back