Latest boxing crack

I can only see Eubank either punching himself out or making a mistake. Mind, he has very heavy hands and if one of his early flurries gets through, Groves could be in bother.
He just seems to be trying to market himself as too Cavalier for my liking and, against a wily pro like Groves, that's a dangerous game.

I can only see Eubank either punching himself out or making a mistake. Mind, he has very heavy hands and if one of his early flurries gets through, Groves could be in bother.
He just seems to be trying to market himself as too Cavalier for my liking and, against a wily pro like Groves, that's a dangerous game.

Does he though?

Groves surely hits a lot harder now than he did when they sparred? Be interesting to see how JR takes the shots, because he can hit big.
Not sure how he hits harder now..unless you mean 16oz gloves . And aye he can hit like, although I thought frock from memory was a tad sq on his eyes were f***ing rolling after that counter right hand...not many stunned froch

Not sure how he hits harder now..unless you mean 16oz gloves . And aye he can hit like, although I thought frock from memory was a tad sq on his eyes were f***ing rolling after that counter right hand...not many stunned froch

He just looked heavy handed to me against chudinov, some of the shots he was landing were serious. I thought against froch it wasn't so much his power that did him, mor speed and timing for me.

He just looked heavy handed to me against chudinov, some of the shots he was landing were serious. I thought against froch it wasn't so much his power that did him, mor speed and timing for me.
Aye remember I think the 5th v froch and he was countering the arse of froch with some f***ing brutal right hands....froch head was vibrating man

Hope froch is okay in years to come btw

Boxing News - Latest Boxing Headlines & Results

Weigh in, appreciate groves needs to rehydrate but Eubank looked magnificent and very little and size.

Time to get of the fence, Fuck it, max bet on Eubank stoppage :eek:

- bird doing the interviews is a bonus, leave the boots on love.

Last edited:
Assume Groves cuts and will rehydrate, but he weighed in less than Eubank!?

Didn't expect that. Also didn't expect them to "look" about the same size.

You've just turned into a full on groves fanboy. I couldnt give a fuck personally - i just want to see a good fight and I call it as i see it.

This bunch largely have it spot on imo

Groves vs. Eubank Jr: The boxing industry’s predictions

Same here. I'd have no problem with Eubank putting on a show and I really hope it produces a good fight.

All I'm saying is everything is in Groves' favour and those who have sparred with them on a regular basis are having to scratch their heads to come up with a reason why Groves won't win this.

In terms of me being a Groves fanboy, don't know how old you are but I'd be surprised if you've been past your 12th birthday.

Look, of course Eubank can win this, but he's going to have to show something nobody has seen to date, and given he's 28 years old that's a big ask.

Agreed. Seems to be one of those rare world title fights where very few people seem to be certain in their predictions. Picked a Groves win as soon as the fight was made, and still just about sticking with that, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Eubank wins.

Two competitive British title fights on the undercard anarl

Do you not think the only reason that people, including me, are saying Eubank can win this is because him and his dad have talked Eubank up beyond what he has ever achieved and people are buying into it?

If we think about what's happened solely in the ring then what has Eubank ever done to even deserve a shot at Groves let alone make people think he can win this fight?

The only time he has been in with a good fighter at world level he duffed it. So, why, suddenly, is he going to make it count against a lad who is bigger than Saunders and hits a lot harder?

All things considered, I'm not seeing it.

If you were being fair about boxing, he really doesn't deserve to be the favourite against a fighter of Groves' quality and who he's been in with.

All that said, I would really like to know what the bookies are seeing in this. Do they know something we don't? They're obviously not stupid so aren't going to offer favourable odds on a clear favourite. I just don't get how anyone could have Eubank favourite to win this.

Last edited:
Same here. I'd have no problem with Eubank putting on a show and I really hope it produces a good fight.

All I'm saying is everything is in Groves' favour and those who have sparred with them on a regular basis are having to scratch their heads to come up with a reason why Groves won't win this.

In terms of me being a Groves fanboy, don't know how old you are but I'd be surprised if you've been past your 12th birthday.

Look, of course Eubank can win this, but he's going to have to show something nobody has seen to date, and given he's 28 years old that's a big ask.

Do you not think the only reason that people, including me, are saying Eubank can win this is because him and his dad have talked Eubank up beyond what he has ever achieved and people are buying into it?

If we think about what's happened solely in the ring then what has Eubank ever done to even deserve a shot at Groves let alone make people think he can win this fight?

The only time he has been in with a good fighter at world level he duffed it. So, why, suddenly, is he going to make it count against a lad who is bigger than Saunders and hits a lot harder?

If you were being fair about boxing, he really doesn't deserve to be the favourite against a fighter of Groves' quality and who he's been in with.

All that said, I would really like to know what the bookies are seeing in this. Do they know something we don't? They're obviously not stupid so aren't going to offer favourable odds on a clear favourite. I just don't get how anyone could have Eubank favourite to win this.
Are you gonna make a definitive pick or continue to have splinters sticking in your arse

Ha way man, make a pick with nee caveats man ;):)

Most experts I've read seem to favour eubank too. Its as close as fuck . Both fighters are talented but flawed. I'm not sure what you're seeing to have groves such a heavy favourite tbh.

Back