Latest boxing crack

What the fuck is Haye talking about - why is he talking about himself and especially pointing out that it was at "world level". Who does he think he is? Froch?

Aye remember I think the 5th v froch and he was countering the arse of froch with some f***ing brutal right hands....froch head was vibrating man

Hope froch is okay in years to come btw

Boxing News - Latest Boxing Headlines & Results

Weigh in, appreciate groves needs to rehydrate but Eubank looked magnificent and very little and size.

Time to get of the fence, Fuck it, max bet on Eubank stoppage :eek:

- bird doing the interviews is a bonus, leave the boots on love.
Are you gonna make a definitive pick or continue to have splinters sticking in your arse

Ha way man, make a pick with nee caveats man ;):)

Fair enough, mate!

First five rounds Eubank is found wanting against a superior technician and loses at least four of them.

Rounds 6 and 7 Eubank knows he can't live with that quality so changes tactics and bumrushes Groves. Round 7 Eubank rushes in with the usual poor footwork and technique and is promptly knocked clean out.

Or, Eubank, being the conservative fighter that he is, goes down the same path as the Saunders fight and doesn't risk too much throughout the fight and loses comfortably UD - winning no more than 4 rounds.

Not a close fight in my opinion.

Fair enough, mate!

First five rounds Eubank is found wanting against a superior technician and loses at least four of them.

Rounds 6 and 7 Eubank knows he can't live with that quality so changes tactics and bumrushes Groves. Round 7 Eubank rushes in with the usual poor footwork and technique and is promptly knocked clean out.

Or, Eubank, being the conservative fighter that he is, goes down the same path as the Saunders fight and doesn't risk too much throughout the fight and loses comfortably UD - winning no more than 4 rounds.

Not a close fight in my opinion.
Fair enough that like

Taking Eubanks rd 7 to 9 in what I believe will turn into a war of attrition by rd 5.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eubank take some huge shots and get hurt but ultimately come through and stop George on the ropes morrison v mercer style .

Last edited:
How many times will I say this next line.

Can't believe I stayed up to watch that.

Terrible fight.
Joyce looks as stiff as a board, so stiff his punches often land as hammer fights!

As much as I like Groves, he talks some shite. He's been on about Euban Snr having his fights hand-picked in the 90s and saying that he wouldn't have been sucked in by the emotion of fighting him.
Eubank fought the best out there at the time and, as for not being sucked into the emotional side, he must conveniently forget the second Froch fight or against Jack when he went in trying to put on a show and walked onto punches constantly.

Think groves will be too big on the night for eubank.
Only concern would be that groves looked gaunt in the face and has booked down too much which will hurt him at the back end of the fight

Not sure how he hits harder now..unless you mean 16oz gloves . And aye he can hit like, although I thought frock from memory was a tad sq on his eyes were f***ing rolling after that counter right hand...not many stunned froch
6th round when groves was hitting froch at will with those overhand rights (pretty much punched himself out mind). Froch has said those shots were harder than the one in the 1st round because he was square on (as you remembered correctly) in that instance.
Froch is backing eubank but gives groves a punchers chance on account of his power

*boiled
Ffs autocorrect

Last edited:
Fair enough that like

Taking Eubanks rd 7 to 9 in what I believe will turn into a war of attrition by rd 5.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Eubank take some huge shots and get hurt but ultimately come through and stop George on the ropes morrison v mercer style .

That's the thing, mate, will he be able to handle Groves' big shots?

No one knows at this stage, but there is an indication in that when O'Sullivan caught him he didn't look too clever, and Blackwell, who isn't a big puncher at all wobbled him. Compared to those two, Grove's shots will feel like a sledgehammer.

Eubank's lack of quality opposition might just catch up with him here, I don't think he's had the preparation for this. Everyone talks about Eubank's granite chin, there's no evidence for that and when a fighter is kept away from punchers it's usually because his trainer, or in this case his dad, doesn't fancy his chin. Reading this board I think Groves is being hugely underestimated. He has the experience, speed, timing, size, power, jab and according to those who know him well, i.e fighters who have sparred with him on numerous occasions, he is a very clever boxer. I also don't think Groves' chin is the issue that some make out.

Does Eubank have the quality to turn it into a war of attrition? Not on the evidence we've seen to date. Groves should be able to jab the head off Eubank comfortably. Will a lad such as Eubank with such poor technique be able to get under Groves' jab? Not on the evidence we've seen so far. He needs to improve somewhat if he's going to get where he wants to be in the fight - which is inside. And, if the fight is getting away from him and he leaves himself wide open trying to get inside, which he has a tendency to do, then Groves has the power to knock him out. And, even if he gets inside, Groves has demonstrated he still throws spiteful punches which can knock over tough lads like Cox who have never been knocked over before.

I don't mind Eubank actually. Most of the time he comes over well, although at the latest press conference I thought he made a bit of an idiot of himself. He's certainly very confident, let's see if he has the tools to back it up. I'd prefer to see Eubank step up to the mark and make it a close fight with plenty of action, but I just don't see it. I don't think he has the quality of his dad - too many bad habits, too many technical flaws - and on the experience side not enough tough fights to prepare him for this one.

As much as I like Groves, he talks some shite. He's been on about Euban Snr having his fights hand-picked in the 90s and saying that he wouldn't have been sucked in by the emotion of fighting him.
Eubank fought the best out there at the time and, as for not being sucked into the emotional side, he must conveniently forget the second Froch fight or against Jack when he went in trying to put on a show and walked onto punches constantly.

Eubank Senior didn't fight the best out there in his prime. Maybe the Watson fight affected him, but he took a lot of easy pay days among those world title defences.

As for the Badou Jack fight, not a bad performance from Groves, lost on a SD, some think he won it - I personally don't, went 12 rounds with arguably the best in the division. Something Eubank has never done - so that should be a tick in Groves' box not Eubank's.

Last edited:
Eubank comes out all guns blazing and Groves tries to slow him down with body shots and outbox him.

They’re both two of my favourite British fighters so I’m not really fussed who wins, but it’ll be a good fight.

Ray Beltran finally won a world title at his 4th attempt last night. Good fight as well

It's not a particularly good main event but still quite surprised that Boxnation haven't picked up the Garcia-Rios bill, the Benavidez-Gavril rematch should be canny on the undercard.

Back