Latest boxing crack

He's only been knocked out by Froch and has gone over 10rds more times than Eubank. He's also operated at a higher level for longer and is over 200lbs out of camp, giving him a big size and power advantage. Both are susceptible to being hit in exchanges, but Groves is a better technical boxer imo.
I do see the weight being a massive difference maker

I do see the weight being a massive difference maker

I know somebody who sparred him about 5 years back and said he was massive for his weight then

Booth on Eubank Jr sparring at Hayemaker gym yesrs back:

"There were never too many rounds for him. On one occasion he did six rounds with George and then six rounds with Nathan Cleverly. He controlled pretty much every round. And that was a long, long time ago. He probably only had a few pro fights to his name.

He has always impressed me with his ability, his energy and his single-minded nastiness. And, let’s face it, that’s what you sometimes need in order to be a good fighter. You need to be self-absorbed, narcissistic and arrogant.”

On the spars between the two:

"Very good. In fact, I don’t think either of them ever had better spars in terms of the work they got in. They knew that if they made a mistake they would pay for it.

There’s only one occasion I can recall when one of them was slightly hurt. That was, ironically, when George caught Junior with a left hook and Junior appeared to be stunned. There was definitely something that happened in that spar because of that left hook. That was probably one of the last spars they had.”

& on Eubank Sr:

"I think the World Boxing Super Series is the only reason why they are fighting on Saturday. Without that, where would Eubank Jr be? He’d have an IBO title and no promotional agreement because his dad has p***ed everyone off"

Booth on Eubank Jr sparring at Hayemaker gym yesrs back:

"There were never too many rounds for him. On one occasion he did six rounds with George and then six rounds with Nathan Cleverly. He controlled pretty much every round. And that was a long, long time ago. He probably only had a few pro fights to his name.

He has always impressed me with his ability, his energy and his single-minded nastiness. And, let’s face it, that’s what you sometimes need in order to be a good fighter. You need to be self-absorbed, narcissistic and arrogant.”

On the spars between the two:

"Very good. In fact, I don’t think either of them ever had better spars in terms of the work they got in. They knew that if they made a mistake they would pay for it.

There’s only one occasion I can recall when one of them was slightly hurt. That was, ironically, when George caught Junior with a left hook and Junior appeared to be stunned. There was definitely something that happened in that spar because of that left hook. That was probably one of the last spars they had.”

& on Eubank Sr:

"I think the World Boxing Super Series is the only reason why they are fighting on Saturday. Without that, where would Eubank Jr be? He’d have an IBO title and no promotional agreement because his dad has p***ed everyone off"

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not pretend to know much about boxing even though I watch it a fair bit, but how do the bookies have Eubank as favourite, groves I think will win this as he will be far to big and clever for eubank, eubank has never been in with anyone of groves standard, how it's a great fight and may he best man win

For what little it's worth 30 'experts' were asked for their predictions in this months issue of Boxing Monthly and 20 of them picked Eubank

For what it's worth, it's a close fight either way you look at it..

Can't see why people cannot just relax and enjoy it, i think we'll be talking about this fight in years to come.

For what it's worth, it's a close fight either way you look at it..

Can't see why people cannot just relax and enjoy it, i think we'll be talking about this fight in years to come.

Agreed. Seems to be one of those rare world title fights where very few people seem to be certain in their predictions. Picked a Groves win as soon as the fight was made, and still just about sticking with that, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Eubank wins.

Two competitive British title fights on the undercard anarl

Agreed. Seems to be one of those rare world title fights where very few people seem to be certain in their predictions. Picked a Groves win as soon as the fight was made, and still just about sticking with that, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Eubank wins.

Two competitive British title fights on the undercard anarl

I am with Groves think he'll be too big for him, but won't be surprised if JR turns it on Saturday night.

Eubank will be in a bad position if he loses, no 'title' no official promoter, unsure what his moves will be.

Can't wait for this like. One fighter on the rise and one fighter looking damaged for the last few years after Froch dealt with him.

On the Costello podcast he shares groves telling about the Eubank spar and admitted he hit him with some huge shots and he didn't budge..

10z gloves at 168lb..can't wait to se what happens when undoubtedly groves lands A huge one. :eek:

On the Costello podcast he shares groves telling about the Eubank spar and admitted he hit him with some huge shots and he didn't budge..

10z gloves at 168lb..can't wait to se what happens when undoubtedly groves lands A huge one. :eek:

Groves surely hits a lot harder now than he did when they sparred? Be interesting to see how JR takes the shots, because he can hit big.

Back