Latest boxing crack

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Groves has an excellent jab though (when he decides to use it) and Eubank has never really faced anyone with a decent one. That's my big thing here, I've no idea how good Eubank is. I don't know if his chin is as good as it's reputation would suggest because most of his opponents have been hand picked for him and have stood right in front of him. His defence has been really suspect against very average opponents as well.

The one time he came up against a boxer he couldn't get near him till he gassed half way through. I know Eubank will have improved a lot from then but I just feel Groves is the better boxer and hits harder. Although I could certainly see Eubank getting to Groves late.

Also you can fuck off hating on our lad Josh .;)

Now now, that's a very laughable assessment of the Saunders fight apparently ;)

:lol: Kelly looks very good so far in fairness.

Now now, that's a very laughable assessment of the Saunders fight apparently ;)

:lol: Kelly looks very good so far in fairness.
It was certainly a very simplistic one:lol:.
It was only to show that because of the opponents Eubank has faced we have no idea how he will react if Groves uses his jab and boxes to a plan.

Honestly can't wait to see how this goes. Hopefully Smith can win his semi as well, then we have another big fight to look forward to.

It was certainly a very simplistic one:lol:.
It was only to show that because of the opponents Eubank has faced we have no idea how he will react if Groves uses his jab and boxes to a plan.

Honestly can't wait to see how this goes. Hopefully Smith can win his semi as well, then we have another big fight to look forward to.

Nah I agree mate, I made the same point a few pages back.

Cant get the fight through talk talk so was looking to get it through TVplayer on my fire stick has any1 used TVplayer is it reliable I haven’t heard off it until 10 minutes ago

Cant get the fight through talk talk so was looking to get it through TVplayer on my fire stick has any1 used TVplayer is it reliable I haven’t heard off it until 10 minutes ago
Watched a couple of the WSB on it. First was perfect but the second time it was shit and I had to turn the quality down but that was probably just the internet. I would say it seems fairly reliable

There’s not a single logical argument that can be made for Eubank winning this. It’s all based on what ifs and unknown quantities. It really wouldn’t surprise me if he did but can’t see how anyone can say it with great confidence. I fancy Groves to stop him between 6-9 though

Absolutely correct. Posters are even saying Eubank is better technically?! That's one of Eubank's weaknesses and one of Groves' strengths. Read what Andy Lee, good fighter who has sparred with both of them on numerous occasions, has to say. Flat out says Groves is much better technically and can only throw this fight away by getting involved in a scrap, which to be fair Groves does have a tendency to want to meet fire with fire which takes away from his strengths: boxing ability, range etc.

If Groves fights to his strengths then he simply can't lose this. If he gets involved in a scrap on the other hand then he certainly can lose.

Badou Jack, probably the best in the division, is on record as saying Groves was his toughest fight. Very surprised by his speed and movement. If you add to that he's bigger than Eubank, a better boxer, hits harder and he's fighting a middleweight who doesn't hit particularly hard and his a conservative fighter with poor footwork and leaves himself wide open coming in, then you've gotta ask: what is it the bookies are seeing to make Eubank a clear favourite.

Absolutely correct. Posters are even saying Eubank is better technically?! That's one of Eubank's weaknesses and one of Groves' strengths. Read what Andy Lee, good fighter who has sparred with both of them on numerous occasions, has to say. Flat out says Groves is much better technically and can only throw this fight away by getting involved in a scrap, which to be fair Groves does have a tendency to want to meet fire with fire which takes away from his strengths: boxing ability, range etc.

If Groves fights to his strengths then he simply can't lose this. If he gets involved in a scrap on the other hand then he certainly can lose.

Badou Jack, probably the best in the division, is on record as saying Groves was his toughest fight. Very surprised by his speed and movement. If you add to that he's bigger than Eubank, a better boxer, hits harder and he's fighting a middleweight who doesn't hit particularly hard and his a conservative fighter with poor footwork and leaves himself wide open coming in, then you've gotta ask: what is it the bookies are seeing to make Eubank a clear favourite.
No chin. No stamina. Can't fight on the inside. 20 of 30 boxing experts have eubank as the slight favourite in the last link posted in this thread.

You've gone from calling it an even fight to saying there's no way eubank can win if groves fights his strengths in about 5 pages .

Eubank does have much better technique. He can fight inside. Its such a massive gap in groves armoury.

No chin. No stamina. Can't fight on the inside. 20 of 30 boxing experts have eubank as the slight favourite in the last link posted in this thread.

You've gone from calling it an even fight to saying there's no way eubank can win if groves fights his strengths in about 5 pages .

Eubank does have much better technique. He can fight inside. Its such a massive gap in groves armoury.

No chin? On what basis. Froch knocked him out? Not many hit harder than Froch. He also took some good Froch shots and went 12 rounds with Badou Jack - has a better chin than you think.

No stamina? Groves is a very busy fighter who does more in six rounds than Eubank does in 12. That's maybe why Groves appears to lack stamina, although he has gone 12 rounds more than Eubank. I think you're confusing tiring with no stamina. And, all fighters tire after say 7 or 8 rounds and they become a little bit more careless. Froch had the power to take advantage, whereas Eubank is a middleweight who isn't a hard hitter for a middleweight. Groves should be able to deal with waht a smaller lad who is not a big hitter has to throw.

Groves can fight inside, it's just not his strength. Read what Andy Lee has to say, good fighter with a good record who has sparred both on numerous occasions. He reckons Groves has a lot of spite in his punches and is clever in that he catches you with a body shot when you're least expecting it.

Well, you've got to come down one way or the other in the end, and thinking about it Groves should be winning this.

No one thinks Eubank is better technically, absolutely no one.

No chin? On what basis. Froch knocked him out? Not many hit harder than Froch. He also took some good Froch shots and went 12 rounds with Badou Jack - has a better chin than you think.

No stamina? Groves is a very busy fighter who does more in six rounds than Eubank does in 12. That's maybe why Groves appears to lack stamina, although he has gone 12 rounds more than Eubank. I think you're confusing tiring with no stamina. And, all fighters tire after say 7 or 8 rounds and they become a little bit more careless. Froch had the power to take advantage, whereas Eubank is a middleweight who isn't a hard hitter for a middleweight. Groves should be able to deal with waht a smaller lad who is not a big hitter has to throw.

Groves can fight inside, it's just not his strength. Read what Andy Lee has to say, good fighter with a good record who has sparred both on numerous occasions. He reckons Groves has a lot of spite in his punches and is clever in that he catches you with a body shot when you're least expecting it.

Well, you've got to come down one way or the other in the end, and thinking about it Groves should be winning this.

No one thinks Eubank is better technically, absolutely no one.
You've just turned into a full on groves fanboy. I couldnt give a fuck personally - i just want to see a good fight and I call it as i see it.

This bunch largely have it spot on imo

Groves vs. Eubank Jr: The boxing industry’s predictions

Eubanks biggest weapon in the uppercut from the inside.
If groves is suspect up close, it'll be a telling punch.

He's only been knocked out by Froch and has gone over 10rds more times than Eubank. He's also operated at a higher level for longer and is over 200lbs out of camp, giving him a big size and power advantage. Both are susceptible to being hit in exchanges, but Groves is a better technical boxer imo.

Back