Latest boxing crack

It's a stinker, there's been a few over the last 18 months or so, but think this may be the worst Saturday night card I can remember on Sky. Apparently Hearn booked the O2 with Whyte and Wach in mind and when that fell through was holding out for a Degale homecoming until his shoulder surgery, so people reckon he just didn't want to lose out on his deposit or annoy one of his main London venues. He'll be selling it on the start of Buatsis 'journey'.
Yeah that sounds about right, a card that poor at the O2 man, interesting to see how the ticket sales have went.

Povetkin-Rudenko and Pacquiao-Horn on Boxnation at the weekend anarl

The quality doesn't look up to much on either card but the Russian shows that Boxnation pick up always tend to be weird and wonderful in equal measure. As for Manny, as much as I thought he showed some signs of decline against Vargas he should have more than enough to beat Horn comfortably and a defeat, or even a close win, would suggest that he's all but done.

Logon or register to see this image

Very poor card on Sky tonight, especially for an O2 Arena show. 1/9 is the shortest odds for a home fighter. I will probably still tune in though. Be good to see Buatsi make his debut and Buglioni is usually in decent fights and would never be confident of backing him at 1/16. Very poor overall though and looks more like a 'NxtGen' card than anything.

Very poor card on Sky tonight, especially for an O2 Arena show. 1/9 is the shortest odds for a home fighter. I will probably still tune in though. Be good to see Buatsi make his debut and Buglioni is usually in decent fights and would never be confident of backing him at 1/16. Very poor overall though and looks more like a 'NxtGen' card than anything.
That is shocking

Eddie Hearn summed up. I'm in tonight and i'm not even certain I'm going to stick it on. Can't believe people will have paid for tickets.

Eddie Hearn summed up. I'm in tonight and i'm not even certain I'm going to stick it on. Can't believe people will have paid for tickets.

Guessing that a lot of people got ahead of themselves and bought tickets when it looked as though DeGale and Callum Smith would be headlining. This and last weeks Nextgen show must be 2 of the worst shows he's put on.

Guessing that a lot of people got ahead of themselves and bought tickets when it looked as though DeGale and Callum Smith would be headlining. This and last weeks Nextgen show must be 2 of the worst shows he's put on.
This is the future of the "free" shows he puts on now. He forgets some people pay nearly £30 a month for sky sports.

Horrendous.

Anything decent on at a decent time tonight mate?
Not really on this UK card mate. Buatsi debut will probably be chief support. Main event could be closer than expected as Buglioni has his limitations, but would be a big upset if he lost. Just a very poor card really, especially as it is the one that ends the season.

Not really on this UK card mate. Buatsi debut will probably be chief support. Main event could be closer than expected as Buglioni has his limitations, but would be a big upset if he lost. Just a very poor card really, especially as it is the one that ends the season.
Boxing has a season???

Good timing. Connor Benn fight. Good music mind

This kid is game, but hasn't realised how overmatched he is

Good decision ref. Lad had no chance of winning

Last edited:
Good timing. Connor Benn fight. Good music mind

This kid is game, but hasn't realised how overmatched he is
Only getting called in to fight at the last minute will not have helped.
Still better than now't to get my boxing fix.:)

Back