Latest boxing crack

So C Smith vs middleweight N'Dam confirmed as expected for the AJ card and we've now got:

Algieri vs Coyle
Katie Taylor (modal price of 1/16)
Smith (1/33, shortest price) vs N'Dam (12/1)
Joshua (1/33) vs replacement Ruiz (12/1)

Can't find any odd for Kelly vs Robinson.

Who would have thought Chris Algieri vs Tommy Coyle would genuinely be the best fight on a card happening in the early hours and on UK PPV? I suppose it is better value than Fury vs bum as a standalone early hours PPV, but man, this is grim.

Last edited:
So C Smith vs middleweight N'Dam confirmed as expected for the AJ card and we've now got:

Algieri vs Coyle
Katie Taylor (modal price of 1/16)
Smith (1/33, shortest price) vs N'Dam (12/1)
Joshua (1/33) vs replacement Ruiz (12/1)

Can't find any odd for Kelly vs Robinson.

Who would have thought Chris Algieri vs Tommy Coyle would genuinely be the best fight on a card happening in the early hours and on UK PPV? I suppose it is better value than Fury vs bum as a standalone early hours PPV, but man, this is grim.

Anyone who regularly watches matchroom cards ;)

Anyone who regularly watches matchroom cards ;)
Ha, thought he might have at least made an effort for the first PPV at those hours, it'll be a bloody hard sell Champions League final or not. Think the programme starts at 10pm, so I'll find a stream for the first couple of hours and watch the main event in the morning

Last edited:
This was Hearn buzzing 11 weeks ago in mid-February:

It was meant to start on 6:05, but hasn't, so fast-forward to then.

'Massive event'
'Major fight for Buatsi'
Ricky Burns vs Ray Beltran
Yafai unification
'Other World Championship fights'
'10 Brits down one side of the card'
'Monster party'

The reality:
BoxRec: Event

State of that and there's literally 4 weeks to go. You're going to have to be pretty dedicated to stay up through the night for that. A massive disappointment, but of course, not a surprise.

Well, the 'major fight for Buatsi' has turned out to be Marco Antonio Periban (on late notice), the veteran super middleweight who has not fought for more than two years and was stopped by Jame Degale (who is certainly not known for his punching power) 5 years ago. What a joke and what a horrific looking card. I shall not be buying.

BoxRec: Marco Antonio Periban

Last edited:
Well, the 'major fight for Buatsi' has turned out to be Marco Antonio Periban (on late notice), the veteran super middleweight who has not fought for more than two years and was stopped by Jame Degale (who is certainly not known for his punching power) 5 years ago. What a joke and what a horrific looking card. I shall not be buying.

BoxRec: Marco Antonio Periban
You enjoy the top quality boxing on Sky last Saturday night bridgey ;)

Kelly's opponent doesn't look too shabby. Looking forward to someone eventually beating the cocky shite

Like him me. Always been flashy since he was an amateur but seems very grounded and like a student of boxing. Think it's a psychological thing for him.

Like him me. Always been flashy since he was an amateur but seems very grounded and like a student of boxing. Think it's a psychological thing for him.
He’s a mag bellend looking for a reaction.

Hughie Fury coming up now on channel 5. Not expecting much, his opponent is 10th ranked heavyweight in Canada

[QUOTE="Hughie Fury coming up now on channel 5. Not expecting much, his opponent is 10th ranked heavyweight in Canada[/QUOTE]

He looks as slow as hell. Hughie will have him out in three rounds. £10 on him mentioning Joshua in his post fight chat and not a word about Tyson.

[QUOTE="Hughie Fury coming up now on channel 5. Not expecting much, his opponent is 10th ranked heavyweight in Canada

He looks as slow as hell. Hughie will have him out in three rounds. £10 on him mentioning Joshua in his post fight chat and not a word about Tyson.[/QUOTE]
Funny how they keep mentioning his unbeaten record. He looks beat already on the walk.

I’ve had a bet on Fury, Hrgovic and Hunter all to win in rounds 1-5

[QUOTE="Hughie Fury coming up now on channel 5. Not expecting much, his opponent is 10th ranked heavyweight in Canada

He looks as slow as hell. Hughie will have him out in three rounds. £10 on him mentioning Joshua in his post fight chat and not a word about Tyson.[/QUOTE]
will the fury`s ever settle the obvious rift?

Back