Latest boxing crack

Massive future ahead of him.

Looks good. His trainer really rates him - says he hasn't seen anyone of that quality at the same stage of his career.

But, is his amateur pedigree that good?

And, he'll need to do something about keeping his hands low because as soon as he gets in with someone of pedigree he'll get knocked out.

Looks good. His trainer really rates him - says he hasn't seen anyone of that quality at the same stage of his career.

But, is his amateur pedigree that good?

And, he'll need to do something about keeping his hands low because as soon as he gets in with someone of pedigree he'll get knocked out.

Won quite a few youth championships and lost a few.

The pros are different though and I’d put money on him being a world champion within the next 18 months.

He’s great to watch, I don’t think Booth is daft enough to let him keep his hands down when he gets in with the top class fighters. He’s in a good division as well.

The pros are different though and I’d put money on him being a world champion within the next 18 months.

He’s great to watch, I don’t think Booth is daft enough to let him keep his hands down when he gets in with the top class fighters. He’s in a good division as well.

Well, his amateur pedigree tells you that when things are evened up he isn't a world beater. At the moment he's getting past nobodies.

Not a problem, it all has to start somewhere.

But, he's going to have to show something that he couldn't in his amateur days in order to take a world title.

World Champion in 18 months?! Absolutely no chance. He'll need 20 or so fights before challenging for a world belt, assuming he gets past what's put in front of him.

He looks class based on the limited evidence we've seen so far but I'd be surprised if he wins a title in 18 months considering the depth of the welterweight division.

He looks class based on the limited evidence we've seen so far but I'd be surprised if he wins a title in 18 months considering the depth of the welterweight division.

Just basing it on Booth saying he’ll be pushed quicker, a bit like Burnett.

I may have exaggerated slightly but still.

Well, his amateur pedigree tells you that when things are evened up he isn't a world beater. At the moment he's getting past nobodies.

But, he's going to have to show something that he couldn't in his amateur days in order to take a world title.

World Champion in 18 months?! Absolutely no chance. He'll need 20 or so fights before challenging for a world belt, assuming he gets past what's put in front of him.

A good amateur background doesn’t always guarantee success, though.

Adam Booth seems to think he’s ready to step up a lot quicker than most with his experience, which is why he asked Eddie Hearn to make the fight with Theophane.

Last edited:
Just basing it on Booth saying he’ll be pushed quicker, a bit like Burnett.

I may have exaggerated slightly but still.

A good amateur background doesn’t always guarantee success, though.

Adam Booth seems to think he’s ready to step up a lot quicker than most with his experience, which is why he asked Eddie Hearn to make the fight with Theophane.

Aye he's definitely not going to fed a load of Eastern European journeymen the way most British prospects are and the fact that Booth already wants him in with Theophane speaks volumes of how much faith he has in Kelly, apparently they made an offer to Frankie Gavin before he decided to rematch Curtis Woodhouse anarl.

Anyone hoping the Joshua gets smashed tonight?

Seems to be the absolute golden child at the moment and I feel like I’m in the minority of disliking everything about him.

What’s the views on here?

Absolutely not.

Good fighter, big puncher, hasn’t really been in a boring fight, nice kid.

What’s not to like?

Aye he's definitely not going to fed a load of Eastern European journeymen the way most British prospects are and the fact that Booth already wants him in with Theophane speaks volumes of how much faith he has in Kelly, apparently they made an offer to Frankie Gavin before he decided to rematch Curtis Woodhouse anarl.

It’ll be interesting to see what 2018 brings. I think being good mates with Burnett will help push him as well.

He was put of the Olympics by the more experienced World champion who went on to win gold. No shame in that

The Woodouse Gavin fight actually happening. Woodhouse been calling a lot out on twitter recently. Frankie blocked him and he came out with the classic “ it’s the first thing he’s blocked in about 5 year the fat little bastard” :lol:

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

Good fighter, big puncher, hasn’t really been in a boring fight, nice kid.

What’s not to like?

It’ll be interesting to see what 2018 brings. I think being good mates with Burnett will help push him as well.

I’m with you. We have a young ,exciting world class heavyweight, who looks like he could reign for a long time and folk want him to lose. Unbelievable.

I’m with you. We have a young ,exciting world class heavyweight, who looks like he could reign for a long time and folk want him to lose. Unbelievable.

Not really unbelievable.
Ex drug dealer who has been moulded by Hearn to become the golden boy
Where as fury who had used drugs is a pikey horrible individual who should be flogged, tarred and feathered.

Seems a bit unfair in my opinion.

Back