Lad on twitter reckons Maddison is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I have never once mentioned i am. The conversation we have had is that for some bizzare reason you cannot get excited about any signing the club ever makes again cause previous ones have been shit

no I can’t get excited at the moment because the whole club is a car crash, if you are excited over signing Maddison then it’s great for you, I will reserve my judgement and curb my enthusiasm until later thanks

Has exactly the type of attitude we should be no where f***ing near.

And exactly the type of attitude we’ve been moaning about since the original piss taking party.

If we sign him our recruitment team should be shoot with two loads of shit instead of just the one. Learned fuck all.

I am excited about Maddison signing and i am able to get excited about future signings cause i realise they have no connection at all to previous signing we have made that were shite

I dont care about what you might or might not get excited over

Hope thats clear...

How can u be excited with this lot in charge if we signed Messi they would fuck it up, hahahahahaha

hope this is clear, I might put u in a group with Kidlaire and Summerbee at this rate

And exactly the type of attitude we’ve been moaning about since the original piss taking party.

If we sign him our recruitment team should be shoot with two loads of shit instead of just the one. Learned fuck all.
I don't really see him as any different to Maguire. I have little time for the dull and uninspiring Parkinson BUT he handled Maguire, who can be an utter liability, very well. Its up to the manager - if he can manage Maddison and his suspect attitude then he can be a great signing for this level.

I don't really see him as any different to Maguire. I have little time for the dull and uninspiring Parkinson BUT he handled Maguire, who can be an utter liability, very well. Its up to the manager - if he can manage Maddison and his suspect attitude then he can be a great signing for this level.
We could do with players with some flair and arrogance and Maddison’s looked brilliant against us on recent occasions but he’s high risk and if Parkinson couldn’t handle McGeady (who I think he should bury the hatchet with as he’s a class above in league one) then I’m not sure he could handle Maddison.

Maddison also has business interests in the Peterborough area which may potentially sidetrack him and his Twitter account suggests he’d be pretty hot to handle, extrovert and brash doesn’t come into it.

Whilst we could do with some self belief, cockiness and general arrogance in our very predictable, straight laced team he’d be a risk but perhaps one worth taking?

Many would see him as a popular signing there’s no doubt.

I get your concerns but think about it on a few levels. His record at this level is very good. He scores goals and creates goals. He fancies himself a bit and has an attitude..... Does that remind you of a similar signing we made... Maguire? What it boils down to is there's a talent there so do we have the right manager to curb the attitude, get the player fitter and get the performances from him. The Maguire example suggests we have and tbf I'm sick to death of seeing talentless players with good attitudes.

He’s worse than Maguire and bringing him closer to his click evokes different challenges to Maguire.

I agree with your premise to a certain extent but why do we have to settle for less than ideal. Talent with suspect attitude or great attitude with little talent?

Fuck that we are Sunderland - talent with a committed work ethic shouldn’t be a pipe dream. And we shouldn’t be compromising.
Yes the club is a clusterfuck at present and recent times too but as fans we can’t settle for mediocrity, mights and maybes.

We accept Maguire’s contributions out of desperation as he is the leading candidate for a bit of inspiration but there’s still elements within our fans base that whinged over Sess’s 1 in 3 performances! Expectations have fallen, understandabl

Standards have to be raised. Significantly.
I get your concerns but think about it on a few levels. His record at this level is very good. He scores goals and creates goals. He fancies himself a bit and has an attitude..... Does that remind you of a similar signing we made... Maguire? What it boils down to is there's a talent there so do we have the right manager to curb the attitude, get the player fitter and get the performances from him. The Maguire example suggests we have and tbf I'm sick to death of seeing talentless players with good attitudes.

See above ha.

He’s worse than Maguire and bringing him closer to his click evokes different challenges to Maguire.

I agree with your premise to a certain extent but why do we have to settle for less than ideal. Talent with suspect attitude or great attitude with little talent?

Fuck that we are Sunderland - talent with a committed work ethic shouldn’t be a pipe dream. And we shouldn’t be compromising.
Yes the club is a clusterfuck at present and recent times too but as fans we can’t settle for mediocrity, mights and maybes.

We accept Maguire’s contributions out of desperation as he is the leading candidate for a bit of inspiration but there’s still elements within our fans base that whinged over Sess’s 1 in 3 performances! Expectations have fallen, understandabl

Standards have to be raised. Significantly.

See above ha.

26 year old, averaged 40 games a season in the league for the 4 seasons before this one, scores around 9 goals a season with at least as many assists. Essentially he would be the replacement for McGeady and I'm happy with that although he can play ACM and we are desperately short of craft, guile, goals and assists from CM. I just want to be entertained mate.

Also it is proven that our two match winners (Gooch and McGuire), go long periods in a season out of form. Therefore the more match winners we have in the squad the better, to avoid having several weeks of bad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back