Lad on twitter reckons Maddison is on the way

Has exactly the type of attitude we should be no where f***ing near.

And exactly the type of attitude we’ve been moaning about since the original piss taking party.

If we sign him our recruitment team should be shoot with two loads of shit instead of just the one. Learned fuck all.
Has exactly the type of attitude we should be no where f***ing near.

And exactly the type of attitude we’ve been moaning about since the original piss taking party.

If we sign him our recruitment team should be shoot with two loads of shit instead of just the one. Learned fuck all.
I’m 50/50 on this marra. We should either avoid nut jobs altogether or go all in and sign a squad full. One is a waste of time and money. I’ve mentioned it on here loadsatimesI think a squad of maniacs/characters is our best chance of success.
We can’t compete with the big boys on quality but maybe we can on characters? The last two we had here were Hutchison and Rae. Two edgy onfield wums always looking for an advantage or quick free kick with plenty of wit and nous. A team full of this type with characters like savage, Rae, Wright Bowyer, wise, Di canio, Dennis, Gayle, Hutchison, Speedie, Case, Dicks etc types wouldn’t cost much more than a team full of similarly skilled run of the mill characters and I know which lot every other team would prefer playing. Maguire is the only one we’ve got atm hoy Maddison in anarl and we’re on our way to a Kelly’s Hero’s/ Dirty Dozen/Wild Bunch scenario.
No one would fancy playing that lot.
He’s worse than Maguire and bringing him closer to his click evokes different challenges to Maguire.

I agree with your premise to a certain extent but why do we have to settle for less than ideal. Talent with suspect attitude or great attitude with little talent?

Fuck that we are Sunderland - talent with a committed work ethic shouldn’t be a pipe dream. And we shouldn’t be compromising.
Yes the club is a clusterfuck at present and recent times too but as fans we can’t settle for mediocrity, mights and maybes.

We accept Maguire’s contributions out of desperation as he is the leading candidate for a bit of inspiration but there’s still elements within our fans base that whinged over Sess’s 1 in 3 performances! Expectations have fallen, understandabl

Standards have to be raised. Significantly.

See above ha.
A team full of loons would spur each other on imho.

Last edited:

He’s worse than Maguire and bringing him closer to his click evokes different challenges to Maguire.

I agree with your premise to a certain extent but why do we have to settle for less than ideal. Talent with suspect attitude or great attitude with little talent?

Fuck that we are Sunderland - talent with a committed work ethic shouldn’t be a pipe dream. And we shouldn’t be compromising.
Yes the club is a clusterfuck at present and recent times too but as fans we can’t settle for mediocrity, mights and maybes.

We accept Maguire’s contributions out of desperation as he is the leading candidate for a bit of inspiration but there’s still elements within our fans base that whinged over Sess’s 1 in 3 performances! Expectations have fallen, understandabl

Standards have to be raised. Significantly.

See above ha.
Unfortunately because we're in league one marra.

Think he's definitely a risk worth taking. Absolute top player at this level. Just got to hope parkinson knows how to manage him.

26 year old, averaged 40 games a season in the league for the 4 seasons before this one, scores around 9 goals a season with at least as many assists. Essentially he would be the replacement for McGeady and I'm happy with that although he can play ACM and we are desperately short of craft, guile, goals and assists from CM. I just want to be entertained mate.

then go to the circus

Aha this is the circus of course

I’m 50/50 on this marra. We should either avoid nut jobs altogether or go all in and sign a squad full. One is a waste of time and money. I’ve mentioned it on here loadsatimesI think a squad of maniacs/characters is our best chance of success.
We can’t compete with the big boys on quality but maybe we can on characters? The last two we had here were Hutchison and Rae. Two edgy onfield wums always looking for an advantage or quick free kick with plenty of wit and nous. A team full of this type with characters like savage, Rae, Wright Bowyer, wise, Di canio, Dennis, Gayle, Hutchison, Speedie, Case, Dicks etc types wouldn’t cost much more than a team full of similarly skilled run of the mill characters and I know which lot every other team would prefer playing. Maguire is the only one we’ve got atm hoy Maddison in anarl and we’re on our way to a Kelly’s Hero’s/ Dirty Dozen/Wild Bunch scenario.
No one would fancy playing that lot.

A team full of loons would spur each other on imho.

You’re suddenly talking a lot of sense. You alright mate?

You’re suddenly talking a lot of sense. You alright mate?
Aye why? Yourself?

It’s a theory I started formulating after reading the Penguin classic: The Decline And Fall Of The Reidyan Empire by Edward Gibbon. I think I first posted it after Micmacs awful return to the PL season though. Talent costs money and safc can nivver hope to compete with the draw of London or the NW big boys. The bigger clubs give the nutjobs a wide berth and footballs as much about attitude, nous, experience and confidence as it is skill. Get the whackos rounded up and into our padded dressing room ASAP.
A team consisting of loons n locals in a packed out SOL wouldn’t see City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd etc rocking up as confident as they elsewhere......or even Oxford, Fleetwood n Pompey for starters.
Give me characters or give me death by boredom.

Always felt we'd sign him when he wasn't wanting to comit to Hull long term. Then the fact he was disappointing at Hull, the lack of interest in him when he went etc showed he probably isn't anywhere close to his billing on here.

As much as I think we should do it given the level of his ability at League One level, I have a feeling he'll be a massive let down when we realise he isn't a one man team and he has certain limitations.

We should sign him. Yes, he's a twat, but I'm sick of seeing us be rolled over by other teams of twats. He's exactly the kind of twat we need.

And Parkinson showed that he could get Maguire motivated,fitter, and playing well consistently, and he has twattish tendencies as well.

We're unlikely to sign better, so I'm all for signing him.

Aye why? Yourself?

It’s a theory I started formulating after reading the Penguin classic: The Decline And Fall Of The Reidyan Empire by Edward Gibbon. I think I first posted it after Micmacs awful return to the PL season though. Talent costs money and safc can nivver hope to compete with the draw of London or the NW big boys. The bigger clubs give the nutjobs a wide berth and footballs as much about attitude, nous, experience and confidence as it is skill. Get the whackos rounded up and into our padded dressing room ASAP.
A team consisting of loons n locals in a packed out SOL wouldn’t see City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd etc rocking up as confident as they elsewhere......or even Oxford, Fleetwood n Pompey for starters.
Give me characters or give me death by boredom.

I vote Riffraff for owner, CEO, chief scout and manager

To be fair I’d love a team of absolute shit houses. Their OUR shit houses

Of course there’s a risk given he has a bit of a reputation, and that could potentially exacerbate if he has old mates/hangers on who could be a bad influence. But realistically we arent going to do any better, he has a good record in the league, so it’s a risk worth taking.

Doesn’t appear that any Championship team want to go near him, so we’re probably in a decent position even if we are skint (given the rest of the league is in a similar position).

Always felt we'd sign him when he wasn't wanting to comit to Hull long term. Then the fact he was disappointing at Hull, the lack of interest in him when he went etc showed he probably isn't anywhere close to his billing on here.

As much as I think we should do it given the level of his ability at League One level, I have a feeling he'll be a massive let down when we realise he isn't a one man team and he has certain limitations.
Deffo he cant be a one man team,we need every signing this summer to be of at,least his and Baily Wright standard.

Back