Lad on twitter reckons Maddison is on the way

Aye why? Yourself?

It’s a theory I started formulating after reading the Penguin classic: The Decline And Fall Of The Reidyan Empire by Edward Gibbon. I think I first posted it after Micmacs awful return to the PL season though. Talent costs money and safc can nivver hope to compete with the draw of London or the NW big boys. The bigger clubs give the nutjobs a wide berth and footballs as much about attitude, nous, experience and confidence as it is skill. Get the whackos rounded up and into our padded dressing room ASAP.
A team consisting of loons n locals in a packed out SOL wouldn’t see City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd etc rocking up as confident as they elsewhere......or even Oxford, Fleetwood n Pompey for starters.
Give me characters or give me death by boredom.
Aye why? Yourself?

It’s a theory I started formulating after reading the Penguin classic: The Decline And Fall Of The Reidyan Empire by Edward Gibbon. I think I first posted it after Micmacs awful return to the PL season though. Talent costs money and safc can nivver hope to compete with the draw of London or the NW big boys. The bigger clubs give the nutjobs a wide berth and footballs as much about attitude, nous, experience and confidence as it is skill. Get the whackos rounded up and into our padded dressing room ASAP.
A team consisting of loons n locals in a packed out SOL wouldn’t see City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd etc rocking up as confident as they elsewhere......or even Oxford, Fleetwood n Pompey for starters.
Reidyan Empire.:lol:
Brilliant.

Aye why? Yourself?

The rest of my theory that I didn’t have time to post.
On away games safc would send Cookie along ahead with the usual strip skip plus a big open skip with a few muzzles, straight jackets, whips, handcuffs etc and the sort of lion taming paraphenalia you used to see at the circus when we were kids. Mebbes even a tranquilliser gun that you see on telly when their microchipping bears and tigers.
The new club secretary could send an email a few weeks before the game asking for the away team dressing rooms dimensions so we’d know how many padded cell panels to take.....and the entrance door dimensions just to make sure the first teams cages fit through.
First thing to do would be to pad out our home dressing room with blood red was able padded panels.....and let the world know.

Aye why? Yourself?

And when they get battered 8-0 after being reduced to eight men...?

Always felt we'd sign him when he wasn't wanting to comit to Hull long term. Then the fact he was disappointing at Hull, the lack of interest in him when he went etc showed he probably isn't anywhere close to his billing on here.

As much as I think we should do it given the level of his ability at League One level, I have a feeling he'll be a massive let down when we realise he isn't a one man team and he has certain limitations.
7 assists and 6 goals in 6 months for hull wasnt it?

Edit: ignore that no clue where I got that stat from, 7 games and he returned 1 goal for Hull

Last edited:
Do people actually think he’d fit in here with Parkinson as manager? He was a poor trainer down at Peterborough and just can’t see the fit in a Parkinson team in the system he plays. He seemed to play behind the strikers in a diamond last season too.

*im not arsed if he’s a shit trainer but we bombed McGeady out and he’s more talented than Maddison
I get your concerns but think about it on a few levels. His record at this level is very good. He scores goals and creates goals. He fancies himself a bit and has an attitude..... Does that remind you of a similar signing we made... Maguire? What it boils down to is there's a talent there so do we have the right manager to curb the attitude, get the player fitter and get the performances from him. The Maguire example suggests we have and tbf I'm sick to death of seeing talentless players with good attitudes.

At the same time Maguire approached the club, was willing to take a pay cut and we signed him because of the owners obsession with Oxford.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people actually think he’d fit in here with Parkinson as manager? He was a poor trainer down at Peterborough and just can’t see the fit in a Parkinson team in the system he plays. He seemed to play behind the strikers in a diamond last season too.

*im not arsed if he’s a shit trainer but we bombed McGeady out and he’s more talented than Maddison

At the same time Maguire approached the club, was willing to take a pay cut and we signed him because of the owners obsession with Oxford.

He’s lazy on the pitch and a divvy off it. Everything a lot of our fans hate in a player.

However, stats don’t lie and he’s been one of, if not the best player in the division for the last few years and if he helped get us promoted, I doubt anyone would care.

Back