Lad on twitter reckons Maddison is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

You echo my thoughts exactly. I actually think we might well be able to do better with the wages he'd command (I don't believe the rumors anyway). Nevertheless, if he performed well he would clearly be an upgrade on what we have currently, and I won't complain if we do manage to bring him in.

I know what you mean re value for money with him but that’s also dependent upon us identifying and signing good alternatives and therein lies one of our many long standing major weaknesses.

Tough one for the club as who ever we sign we will have to pay wages for a few mths without knowing when football will start again..

Personally I think he'd be a good signing. He's a match winner and that's what we need. At the moment the only match winner we have is Maguire and that's nowhere near enough. That said its a risk because Maddison seems similar to Maguire - inconsistent and needs careful managing/motivating. They both seem to be lads who don't necessarily live the life of toned athletes. The other problem is that Parkinson comes across as cautious and dull and would always prefer a Honeyman/Gooch to a Maguire/Maddison.

I won’t believe it till I’ve read it in the daily mail.
He is the type of signing Donald needs to make to show intent, with another 4 or 5 similar quality players.
If ut happens ha
Spot on. Him and Wright are achievable both on a free and both would instantly be our best player in their positions. Maddison could be a hero for the club he supports, it makes every sense for him to sign. Anyway back to reality, it’s nearly the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think he'd be a good signing. He's a match winner and that's what we need. At the moment the only match winner we have is Maguire and that's nowhere near enough. That said its a risk because Maddison seems similar to Maguire - inconsistent and needs careful managing/motivating. They both seem to be lads who don't necessarily live the life of toned athletes. The other problem is that Parkinson comes across as cautious and dull and would always prefer a Honeyman/Gooch to a Maguire/Maddison.
Maddison started on fire last season but ended on nine goals, six assists after tailing off substantially. Gooch had ten goals and two assists. Maguire has more goals and assists and goals per minute and they were all similar goals per minute wise. He’s not that much better in the last season than what we have, a decent signing but not an amazing one and questionable attitude.

Maddison started on fire last season but ended on nine goals, six assists after tailing off substantially. Gooch had ten goals and two assists. Maguire has more goals and assists and goals per minute and they were all similar goals per minute wise. He’s not that much better in the last season than what we have, a decent signing but not an amazing one and questionable attitude.
I get that but my point is we since losing McGeady we only have Maguire who can win a game on his own - I really like Gooch but he is more about consistency than pure quality. Maddison would give us that other option which I think we need. We've tried it with the likes of Semenyo, Sinclair and Sterling and they weren't up to it. Maddison has the quality and is only 26 so would be a good signing - agree not amazing.

He did go to Hull on loan in fairness and didn't get played much so maybe he had them stats (or most of) going in to January?

Questionable is an understatement. Ferguson couldn't wait to get rid.

Tough one for the club as who ever we sign we will have to pay wages for a few mths without knowing when football will start again..

Not always the case. When McCarthy signed Breen back in 2003 he only signed at the last minute despite him training with us for a while in pre-season.

Then again, Breen could probably trust McCarthy implicitly and the signing was just a formality

Extremely but they are all from the same school, are u happy with the chancers at the club right now? There is nothing to be upbeat about at all

No. I have never once mentioned i am. The conversation we have had is that for some bizzare reason you cannot get excited about any signing the club ever makes again cause previous ones have been shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back