Lack of transfers concerning?

Gutted about O'nien, he would currently be first choice Right Back, Centre Half and Midfield (no doubt whatsoever he is a better player than Dobson and Winchester). Hume needs to stay fit and improve as a defender and final ball/decision making, being in a settled back 4 and a side that played the same formation and game plan would help like, think he's got the ability.
17 first team players(several of which we don't want) - arguably a side that would struggle to gain auto promotion again.
Assuming we intend to promote 3 of the U23 squad.
Assuming none of the four hold outs are going to sign new contracts.

We will go into July with a first team of 16, that would struggle to make the playoffs and my big concern is our idiot manager has convinced the board that its glass half full to save his job.. Obviously we are going to sign a half dozen players for the first team, but then the squad is going to be much of a muchness if those signings turn out to be all one-paced and lets face it, the weird optimism post playoff defeat has dried up judging by the dropoff in happy clappers.

Aye, because the culture of not looking further ahead than the end of our noses has served us so well for the last 10 years.
No all this data model, market leaders tripe gets us nowhere its f...g football man.
We had squad of these data chumps came in on our project started their nonsense, some bright spark thought it was the way forward.
They were shown the door very quickly.
Dont get me wrang its all clever stuff when used where its needed but its not going to get us out of the pub league.

17 first team players(several of which we don't want) - arguably a side that would struggle to gain auto promotion again.
Assuming we intend to promote 3 of the U23 squad.
Assuming none of the four hold outs are going to sign new contracts.

We will go into July with a first team of 16, that would struggle to make the playoffs and my big concern is our idiot manager has convinced the board that its glass half full to save his job.. Obviously we are going to sign a half dozen players for the first team, but then the squad is going to be much of a muchness if those signings turn out to be all one-paced and lets face it, the weird optimism post playoff defeat has dried up judging by the dropoff in happy clappers.
we dont employ a manager and the head coach does not set the transfer strategy...embleton will be like a new signing for us..thats one addition already made of a promotion winning league one player
No all this data model, market leaders tripe gets us nowhere its f...g football man.
We had squad of these data chumps came in on our project started their nonsense, some bright spark thought it was the way forward.
Dont get me wrang its all clever stuff when used where its needed but its not going to get us out of the pub league.
it will because thats how every other f***ing team gets out of this league
New regime and all that.
that should mean it lakes longer-not less time...i mean the chief scout fella joined relatively late in..also teams that get to play offs and dont go up are hampered because they dont know what league they will be in when mos of their rivals already do so can prepare earlier

Last edited:
Transfer window has been open a week, but by the same token players contracts typically don't expire until the end of June.

So no worries for me yet, but I would hope lots has been going on behind the scenes and we see some significant activity in 2 weeks time.
Spot on..

Nothing is happening that's tangible right now so you don't really have any justification for your comments

You dont know what is happening at the moment, you actually dont know that nothing is happening, so your comment has no justification, even less than mine as you are claiming nothing is happening, and you know the same as everyone else SFA

Transfer window has been open a week, but by the same token players contracts typically don't expire until the end of June.

So no worries for me yet, but I would hope lots has been going on behind the scenes and we see some significant activity in 2 weeks time.
But, if we were going to sign some amazing data led signing for a fee we may as well have done it already. It does suggest were looking at frees only.

But, if we were going to sign some amazing data led signing for a fee we may as well have done it already. It does suggest were looking at frees only.

Kind of, but is always unusual for significant transfer activity to happen before July. Players on holiday, agents on holiday, club staff on holiday etc etc.

Kind of, but is always unusual for significant transfer activity to happen before July. Players on holiday, agents on holiday, club staff on holiday etc etc.
Generally a fee for a player is something most clubs would actively encourage, for the obvious reason they're can bank the cash and look to a replacement or their own needs. Lets face it, the Fans would sell Half our existing squad for a sack of spuds and a couple of cans to get them off our wages bill, whereas the owners quite rightly have no desire to give value away and only if the offer is reasonable to the money men.

I've been a little bit concerned but also understanding of the situation most clubs find themselves in mid-June.

As I read through this thread I changed my mind between being concerned and then sound about it a fair few times and I'm now in the, 'let's review in two weeks camp' before being overly concerned 👍

Worked alright for Brentford tbf.

This.

we dont employ a manager and the head coach does not set the transfer strategy...embleton will be like a new signing for us..thats one addition already made of a promotion winning league one player

it will because thats how every other f***ing team gets out of this league

that should mean it lakes longer-not less time...i mean the chief scout fella joined relatively late in..also teams that get to play offs and dont go up are hampered because they dont know what league they will be in when mos of their rivals already do so can prepare earlier
Embleton will be full of confidence to I would think

I've been a little bit concerned but also understanding of the situation most clubs find themselves in mid-June.

As I read through this thread I changed my mind between being concerned and then sound about it a fair few times and I'm now in the, 'let's review in two weeks camp' before being overly concerned 👍
Think of this thread as you would a notification that something will expire, unless you do something about it.

Back