Kyril Louis-Dreyfus Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven Sunderland's press conference - full transcript

Same sort of shite Donald come out with. Some will fawn over this new lad like they did Donald and Salmon Pants. Really though, it’s all nice buzz words and clichès and ultimately, it’s actions not words that count.
Tbf he's already made some notable changes. The changes at the academy. Bringing in data analysts. Employing a more modern and professional approach. Its clearly a world away from donald and methven.

Donald and Methven can’t really object to the term asset stripping, it’s not an opinion it’s a fact. In search of cost cutting and paying for their purchase Donald and Methven asset stripped our club.

We just watched them, we had no choice. Short finished his tenure with one last horrendous decision.

Their interviews were all saying that we were in the shit, that there'd be loads of cost-cutting and that it'd mean tough decisions. We lapped it up because we were so sick of the aimless spending and out of control debt problem caused by the previous owner, that we were prepared to accept someone doing the polar opposite.

KLD is saying that he has a plan, and that he'll be spending money to make us a proper club again, not cutting things back until we're a husk. It seems like a happy medium.
Yes, the cuts and stripping back were needed and we recognised that. They then failed to put anything back in place and have any kind of long term plan. That is what KLD is talking about doing now and hopefully he will do it.

Stewart Donald and Charlie Methven Sunderland's press conference - full transcript

Same sort of shite Donald come out with. Some will fawn over this new lad like they did Donald and Salmon Pants. Really though, it’s all nice buzz words and clichès and ultimately, it’s actions not words that count.
Tbh Donald made some bold claims and promises and when found out that he wasn't keeping them he lied about it.

Didn't see any huge promises made by the new guy just mentions we have potential and he hopes to guide us to it with a long term plan.

Except he has already done more in re organizing academy then Donald and methven did in their whole time here
What are you on about man you fool? Donald and methven did much more reorganisation when they implemented the Dortmund model, removed all the staff including the scouts and managed to convince the head of youth development from the mighty whitehawk to head up our category one academy. f***ing saved the club man.

I also heard it as more of a long term view of Sunderland than an opinion of the most recent ownership:

“KLD: “It’s a fresh start for the club. For years there’s been no long-term vision, cost cutting and asset stripping.”

I can see how people could say it includes both of last set of owners also.

Yeah, as bad as the gruesome twosome have been, we were a mess long before they rocked up. I took it as a dig at the way the club's been ran for basically the past 10 years.

Even though his English is excellent, I reckon he's made a bit of a mistake using the term asset-stripping. I'm sure it's not an intentional side swipe at his partners. They may be minority shareholders but they need to get along, don't they?
They don’t need to get along at all. It was absolutely a side swipe. That was pre recorded footage and he knew exactly what he said. I’m very impressed with how he came across but refuse to get too excited. We have been burnt too many times.

CM: People who follow the situation closely will know that there is an immediate and considerable cash requirement this summer.

The discussion with Ellis was that we would be able to pay him over a period of time because he knew we would have a lot of investment to make this summer to make sure the situation is as clean as possible but, fundamentally as Stewart says, the price is £40m and the club is debt-free.

SD: We can generate what funds we need.

As Charlie mentioned, there is quite a big discrepancy between the remaining player income from player sales and the money going out, so that needs funding.

Even then, everyone was asking the same questions. Some of my Mag mates (rightly) called him a cowboy. I think we were right to take what he said at face value, but in hindsight, it's obvious that this guy knows more and has more resource to make it happen. Polar opposites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back