Kyril Louis-Dreyfus Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

And still some folks can't seem to grasp that I was never defending the owners, I was just trying to seek the truth and call out the bullshitters and those that were repeating other people's bullshit without fact-checking it.
Well those "bullshitters" were right and the truth was right in front of you. KLD just confirmed what the press reports and all those with "agenda" have been saying.

Their interviews were all saying that we were in the shit, that there'd be loads of cost-cutting and that it'd mean tough decisions. We lapped it up because we were so sick of the aimless spending and out of control debt problem caused by the previous owner, that we were prepared to accept someone doing the polar opposite.

KLD is saying that he has a plan, and that he'll be spending money to make us a proper club again, not cutting things back until we're a husk. It seems like a happy medium.

thats not what Donald and Methven said at all. They talked about retaining young players and the frustration they had about the contracts that young players were on which seen them leave for cheap or free, they talked about us having considerably the biggest budget in the league that would see clubs in the division above feeling envious, they talked about implementing a Borussia Dortmund model etc

It was coupled with populism RE agents and piss taking and it was believed by about 90% of the fanbase, some of whom formed somewhat of a protective bubble around them when it came to scrutiny and criticism, and they were suspected by a small minority.

It’s easy to buy into whatever someone new says and go along with it all as it’s shiny and exciting. We’ll do the same with this lad but this time there may be genuine reason for optimism rather than blind faith like Donald. I can’t see this lad or his people being here to make a short term penny by simply getting us into the league above and attempting to sell us on. I always felt that was the aim with our previous owners; to reduce the outgoings and try and squeeze out of the division.

He actually said cost cutting first then immediately afterwards said asset stripping.

I think he has good command of the English Language and particularly business speak and knew exactly what he was saying.
Yes I agree but it’s not his 1st language hence the possibility of a miss interpretation

The evidence though to prove it was meant and he did understand what it meant was that the recording was released.

Donald and Methven can’t really object to the term asset stripping, it’s not an opinion it’s a fact. In search of cost cutting and paying for their purchase Donald and Methven asset stripped our club.

We just watched them, we had no choice. Short finished his tenure with one last horrendous decision.
We lost our quality to make the club more attractive for buyers. Surely no one can argue with that.

I hope the fans buy into the same thing though. We will all be disappointed if we miss out on promotion this season, but hopefully people can see this is the start of something new and not shout for Johnson or Speakman's head.
He seemed to imply Johnson will still be here even if we don’t go up

I also heard it as more of a long term view of Sunderland than an opinion of the most recent ownership:

“KLD: “It’s a fresh start for the club. For years there’s been no long-term vision, cost cutting and asset stripping.”

I can see how people could say it includes both of last set of owners also.

Short lost millions, not the idea behind asset stripping.
No long term plan could apply though.

Last edited:
Tbf he's already made some notable changes. The changes at the academy. Bringing in data analysts. Employing a more modern and professional approach. Its clearly a world away from donald and methven.
Exactly, he’s rebuilding the infrastructure of the club. The Chuckle Brothers dismantled it.

I’m starting to feel like we’ll be punching our weight again soon, instead of being made to feel like part of the league 1 furniture.

Donald and Methven can’t really object to the term asset stripping, it’s not an opinion it’s a fact. In search of cost cutting and paying for their purchase Donald and Methven asset stripped our club.

We just watched them, we had no choice. Short finished his tenure with one last horrendous decision.
The man who made the wrong decisions that KLD was aiming at was SD alone. i think payback is still on its way for SD.

I heard that, Donald and co. must be cringing if they have listened to that as they are still on the board (that may change mind).
To be honest the takeover announcement seemed like a last throw at claiming some credit and it didn't feel like it would have been the choice of the new fella. I suspect there have been tensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back