Kyril Louis-Dreyfus Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

don’t think he was imo, he mentioned asset stripping in all departments at the club which is exactly what SD & CM have done - they’ve cost cut to the extreme leaving it to need rebuilding in most areas of the club / business

Although I believe the pair of them to be shithouses who gambled on an immediate promotion to championship and to flip the club for a quick profit, I do think it’s a huge positive that the club hasn’t went under. The season we went down we had the 6th highest wage bill in the premierleague.
Total Clean slate for this new lad and in 3-5 years we’ll see youngins coming through the academy again with no arseholes touting them about for quick coin.

It was a superb interview.
Very measured.
Donald and Methven will now be under no illusions of his contempt for them and their treatment of the club and fanbase.
This allied to ridding us of Rodwell, the new director appointments and solid foundations being put in place in terms of academy and data have made it a tremendous start by KLD.
Keep it going lad.

That’s horse shit and you know it.
This is a fact
SD did inherit a lot more debt than he thought, he trimmed the excess by far to much, i grant you that.
but when you see STID season 2 episode 2 and see how much the club was shipping he had no choice, KLD was aware of what SD had done, and how Ellis had moved the goal posts at the original point of sale.
They just did not have enough money to run the club on a self sufficiency basis.

Charlie sold him the dream of what a big club we are, and how much bigger we can become with the right team in place. SD was just a tiny part of what KLD was looking for.

You have to consider who told you this, unless you were in the room when it happened. Was it an Eton-educated, toffee nosed arsehole in pink trousers, or his mate Rodwell? If so then it's bullshit mate.

This is a fact
SD did inherit a lot more debt than he thought, he trimmed the excess by far to much, i grant you that.
but when you see STID season 2 episode 2 and see how much the club was shipping he had no choice, KLD was aware of what SD had done, and how Ellis had moved the goal posts at the original point of sale.
They just did not have enough money to run the club on a self sufficiency basis.
Berb, they didn't even have the money to buy the f***ing club let alone sustain it.

You have to consider who told you this, unless you were in the room when it happened. Was it an Eton-educated, toffee nosed arsehole in pink trousers, or his mate Rodwell? If so then it's bullshit mate.
No it came from another senior person at the club, who i trust.
not digging just explaining what some will not accept, some just have to continue bashing the bishop.

Last edited:
Effectively he has an investment in Sunderland but is no longer relevant. KLD has overall control and decision making responsibility. In essence it’s his club. I think this move shows he will invest without expectation of other owners doing so, largely because they probably can’t. He’ll probably buy the other three out completely at some point. The only “ concern” is if they want to sell and he doesn’t want to buy as that could bring anyone in to the buying equation.
If I am pouring my own money into the project I would force them to pay up there % or sell it back to me..

CBA reading 19 pages, but in the interview he mentions the appointments of Kristjan, Steve and Lee. Obviously he’s referring to Speakman and Johnson, but who is Steve? Unless he’s got his “st” names mixed up and he’s referring to Stuart English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back