Ko Samui

I was there last May, loved it, stopped at the Anatara Bophut, beautiful hotel, few minutes walk to Fisherman's Village, which has a few bars and restaurants, but not full of pissed up Brits. I would definitely recommend this area of the island. I think Coco Tam's is the most chilled bar I've ever been in, great chill out music, waiter service to your table and bean bag on the beach, idyllic.....
We had one night out at Chaweng, about 10 minutes in a taxi, it was ok for a change of scenery but not to stop for more than a night.

I stayed there back in 2009. Aye amazing hotel and lovely beach. Loved it when some bloke just brought his elephant down to the water for a wash.

Did you find the massage place over the road at the front? Brilliant massage and about a 10th of the price in the hotel.

Perhaps I just went to the wrong bit, but I thought it was ugly and overdeveloped.

Koh Tao was so much nicer.
Did you spend much time on koh Tao or just go for a day trip?
Was considering going, but we're doing a trip to Ang Thong and having a couple of days on koh phangnan, and I wasnt sure if we'd get more from a day trip to koh Tao/koh nang yuan. Snorkeling is OK, but I don't get too excited over it, and have done a bit in egypt which is supposed to be far better.
What was so great about koh Tao?

I once stayed in a cockroach infested hotel room in Ko Samui, the peril of using a local travel agent when arriving into Bangkok...it was f***ing lifting. Stayed one night then fucked off to a nice hotel.

I also ended up taking part in a lady boy show while I was and will never forget the feeling of inadequacy when I seen a lady boys massive cock in the changing room!

Did you spend much time on koh Tao or just go for a day trip?
Was considering going, but we're doing a trip to Ang Thong and having a couple of days on koh phangnan, and I wasnt sure if we'd get more from a day trip to koh Tao/koh nang yuan. Snorkeling is OK, but I don't get too excited over it, and have done a bit in egypt which is supposed to be far better.
What was so great about koh Tao?
Can't remember to be honest, probably 5 or so days. This is 14 year ago.

Was just a nice small, peaceful island without a massive Tesco. And the Scuba diving was great.

I'm not sure you'd get much out of it on a day trip TBH

Been to quite a few of the island. ko samui definitely the worst. This was backpacking mind so nee frills needed.

Tonsai beach was the place to be, as was ko lanta.

:lol: Yay're the silly sod whee started it.

Not true!

I referred to Thailand in a post as 'the Kingdom', which is normal terminology over here, then the board idiot thought he was being clever and capitalised it and those of similar cerebral power have been doing so ever since.

More than a little stupid imho given the name of the country most Brits live in, but they seem to forget that.

CLUE!

It was the same cretin who also referred to my curries as 'illegal curries', which he also capitalised and has been similarly copied by others of his ilk!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Langkawi ,same area but Malaysia islands.Not sure on price per holiday but the cheapest duty free ive come across

Me and wifey (on internet if you look hard enough) are flogging our villa there if anyone is interested :cool:.....(yeah yeah look at me etc etc)

I loved it, great place. Fisherman's village is wonderful. If you go, visit the Elephant sanctuary.

it is certainly not particularly beautiful- great beaches though and great restaurants.
Plenty of life and seedy action in Chaiweng if needed. Night markets in Bhoput are great with cheap and good quality food and drink.

I stayed there back in 2009. Aye amazing hotel and lovely beach. Loved it when some bloke just brought his elephant down to the water for a wash.

Did you find the massage place over the road at the front? Brilliant massage and about a 10th of the price in the hotel.

I went to the hotel for a massage and nearly fainted when they told me how much, didn't have one walked across the road and had one for around £7, think the hotel wanted around £100.

Loved the old wife who came to the beach every day with her barbeque and knocked up food for around £2, for chicken and salad with a sweet chili sauce....

I went to the hotel for a massage and nearly fainted when they told me how much, didn't have one walked across the road and had one for around £7, think the hotel wanted around £100.

Loved the old wife who came to the beach every day with her barbeque and knocked up food for around £2, for CHICKEN and salad with a sweet chili sauce....
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back