Ko Samui

Going there and ko phangnan in April.
Never really been east before and looking forward to it.
We're north of the airport, supossedly by two beaches which have never got anyone on.
Looking forward to relaxing and having a bit of family time.

The villa we got looks immense. That's the main reason for going tbh, the villas in Thailand and Indonesia look great value.
Need 3 bedrooms now, got infinity pool, walk to beaches. Hopefully a chilled holiday

Last edited:

I find it interesting that a number of brain deads still copy the example of a village idiot on here and capitalise 'The Kingdom', thinking they are being clever/funny, whilst clearly forgetting that is what they live in themselves!

DOH!! :rolleyes:

I liked it. Stayed in the anantara lawana, far enough out of the main bit to avoid the hustle and bustle but close enough that’s it’s easily accessible. Also got a motorbike and had a mooch round the island
Ive hired a car, which im a little worried about. Was it easy driving or just a mad dash for it?

I liked it. Stayed in the anantara lawana, far enough out of the main bit to avoid the hustle and bustle but close enough that’s it’s easily accessible. Also got a motorbike and had a mooch round the island
The hotel the lass in the shop suggested is next door to that one by the looks.

Any good like? Might be having a trip to THE KINGDOM.

DNASH.

Samui is the most developed, and great for a visit to Ang Thong Marine Park. We stayed in Bo Phut as that doesnt seem to attract many piss head brits and has the best boutique hotels.

Tao is best of three main islands on that coast imo as its smaller, more secluded and top notch for diving.

I was there last May, loved it, stopped at the Anatara Bophut, beautiful hotel, few minutes walk to Fisherman's Village, which has a few bars and restaurants, but not full of pissed up Brits. I would definitely recommend this area of the island. I think Coco Tam's is the most chilled bar I've ever been in, great chill out music, waiter service to your table and bean bag on the beach, idyllic.....
We had one night out at Chaweng, about 10 minutes in a taxi, it was ok for a change of scenery but not to stop for more than a night.

I loved ko samui, spent a decent amount of time in bohput fisherman's village, plenty of places to eat, chilled bars on the beaches with bean bags etc. Market once a week that spans the whole street with traditional food and gifts, as well as knock off armani boxers and the like. Easy to drive over there as they drive on the left, we got a car for a few days and explored the island. Was decent. Bit of an older crowd than ko tao and phi phi.

Back