Kia

Status
Not open for further replies.

My missus last 3 cars have been new Hyundais - a Coupe followed by 2 Santa Fe's
She has never had any of them serviced in a Hyundai garage, and often missed services by 3 or 4 months
Both Santa Fe's developed big clutch problems in the last 3 months of their warranties (about £4k repair bills) - on both occasions Hyundai never blinked, just repaired them under warranty

Got a new Kia Sportage and it’s a lovely motor. 1.6 petrol turbo auto and it pulls really well for a 4x4. Economy is shit though. Loaded with all the whistles and bells.

Just got a letter telling me Kia at the SoL is closing. Nearest to me is now Washington.

Got a new Kia Sportage and it’s a lovely motor. 1.6 petrol turbo auto and it pulls really well for a 4x4. Economy is shit though. Loaded with all the whistles and bells.

Just got a letter telling me Kia at the SoL is closing. Nearest to me is now Washington.

Sorry to hear that.
That doesn't surprise me, of the 3 Kia branches I looked at for my car they were the least helpful/most miserable. Only my experience though!

My missus last 3 cars have been new Hyundais - a Coupe followed by 2 Santa Fe's
She has never had any of them serviced in a Hyundai garage, and often missed services by 3 or 4 months
Both Santa Fe's developed big clutch problems in the last 3 months of their warranties (about £4k repair bills) - on both occasions Hyundai never blinked, just repaired them under warranty
Reminder to self........steer well clear of Hyundai.

Reminder to self........steer well clear of Hyundai.
Not at all, all 3 have been great cars - the 3rd is 7 years old now with 120k on the clock and still goes like a train
The point was that when something goes wrong they fix it regardless - unlike other makes which will go to the ends of the earth to avoid fixing problems under warranty such as Ford and Mazda

Not at all, all 3 have been great cars - the 3rd is 7 years old now with 120k on the clock and still goes like a train
The point was that when something goes wrong they fix it regardless - unlike other makes which will go to the ends of the earth to avoid fixing problems under warranty such as Ford and Mazda
I get your point but would prefer a car that didn't have what appears to be endemic clutch problems.

I get your point but would prefer a car that didn't have what appears to be endemic clutch problems.
I don't think it was endemic.
We knew the guys in the Hyundai garage really well and they reckoned that it was unusual to happen once, never mind twice - I suppose she was just unlucky
There was a guy at my work last week doing training and he was in an 07 plate Santa Fe with 200k miles on it and still with the original clutch

Conversely my neighbours have his and hers Land/Range Rovers and I've never known cars spending so much time in the garage - both cars have spent huge amounts of time away being repaired and both are less than a year old

Thinking of getting a Kia Sportage, at the moment stuck between the Sportage and a Qashqai, Both seem to get mixed reviews, planning on taking a used 2016 diesel Sportage for a test drive tomorrow, so any tips on what to look out for.

Thinking of getting a Kia Sportage, at the moment stuck between the Sportage and a Qashqai, Both seem to get mixed reviews, planning on taking a used 2016 diesel Sportage for a test drive tomorrow, so any tips on what to look out for.
If you get the niro, it'll be ten grand more, simply because of the fact that it has a battery and not an engine.

If you get the niro, it'll be ten grand more, simply because of the fact that it has a battery and not an engine.

For the plug in e-Niro possibly, but not the self charging hybrid 2, 3, 4. I'm getting 55mpg without really trying, which I don't think is too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back