Kia

Subtle way of telling everyone you own two homes.

Mind you, everyone on the SMB is a landlord with their own business and BMW
He probably got one of them through inheritance..

It's a load of bollocks.

Hardly anything is covered and if you take it elsewhere, even once, rather than take up their expensive servicing option then the warranty is invalidated.
Thought they had stopped that years ago?

Do you have problems with audi and BMW drivers, looking down their nose at you?

Sometimes they're on the way back from one of their other homes, laughing at you in your kia.

Generally arrogant Audi bell ends, but I tend to laugh at their ignorance, I don’t understand vehicle envy.

I just looked on motorpoint and I can get an audi for £11,999 and a Kia for £21,999.

As much as I love German engineering in all it's forms I would rather spend £21k because I don't want to belong to the 4 ring circus of bellends that have ruined the marque for me.
steve30000 is spot on about the status factor, good engineering will not matter.

I know of one daft knacker who spent £11k on a 90,000 mile sporty Audi, because it's an Audi, ffs.

Last edited:
It's a load of bollocks.

Hardly anything is covered and if you take it elsewhere, even once, rather than take up their expensive servicing option then the warranty is invalidated.

Your post is misleading.

The Hyundai and Kia warranties are very similar to most other car manufacturers' offerings in terms of coverage and exclusions.

They do require that the vehicle is maintained to their own specifications.

You are not obligated to use their dealerships for servicing - thanks to EU legislation. Any VAT registered garage will suffice but I would strongly advise that only genuine oe parts are used.

That being said, both Hyundai and Kia are quite strict when enforcing the terms and conditions of their warranties so if you're thinking of playing fast and loose with servicing then you should consider another marque.

Even though most Japanese manufacturers offer shorter warranties, the better marques tend to be more reliable than their Korean counterparts.

Your post is misleading.

The Hyundai and Kia warranties are very similar to most other car manufacturers' offerings in terms of coverage and exclusions.

They do require that the vehicle is maintained to their own specifications.

You are not obligated to use their dealerships for servicing - thanks to EU legislation. Any VAT registered garage will suffice but I would strongly advise that only genuine oe parts are used.

That being said, both Hyundai and Kia are quite strict when enforcing the terms and conditions of their warranties so if you're thinking of playing fast and loose with servicing then you should consider another marque.

Even though most Japanese manufacturers offer shorter warranties, the better marques tend to be more reliable than their Korean counterparts.
Hyundai were spot on with me.

The servicing costs weren’t massively different to an independent garage. I just didn’t bother too much with their post servicing reports that recommended new brake disc/pads, air con re-gas, tyres etc and went to the independents for checks and replacements.

The 5 year warranty was honoured about 6 months before it expired when it needed a new head gasket.

Decent cars, had loads as company cars, hire cars and courtesy cars. The older ones were bullet proof but the newer ones have loads of gadgets that could potentially go wrong. The last one I had I chose over a focus as it was miles better equipped, had to use the warranty for sat nav and cornering lights though.

It's a load of bollocks.

That's nonsense, you can service it anywhere as long as you use OEM parts, we did it at the last place and the warranty was still valid

Last edited:
What shit Kias are you getting in the UK. I test drove a couple when looking for my last car and they were great to drive and look good.
The newer ones are nice motors, at the top end they're lovely. The styling has improved hand over fist the last 2 or 3 years, but the price has also increased accordingly. These days though I'd be buying summat 2 or 3 year old to make the most of my money.

Hyundai were spot on with me.

The servicing costs weren’t massively different to an independent garage. I just didn’t bother too much with their post servicing reports that recommended new brake disc/pads, air con re-gas, tyres etc and went to the independents for checks and replacements.

The 5 year warranty was honoured about 6 months before it expired when it needed a new head gasket.

A sensible approach - and good to hear how they treated the head gasket claim

If you look online there are many urban myths floating around about Hyundai and Kia not honouring their warranties, but in common with many car topics on social media about 80% of the comments are total bollocks.

Decent cars, had loads as company cars, hire cars and courtesy cars. The older ones were bullet proof but the newer ones have loads of gadgets that could potentially go wrong. The last one I had I chose over a focus as it was miles better equipped, had to use the warranty for sat nav and cornering lights though.

That's nonsense, you can service it anywhere as long as you use OEM parts, we did it at the last place and the warranty was still valid

I've just had a quick look at the latest J D Power satisfaction survey and Hyundai come out very well, out performing most Japanese makes.

Last edited:

Back