Kendal Calling Rollcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are bailing around 6pm. Putting stuff away now. I want to stay but kids are fed up and i was out voted 3 to 1

Been a class festival though!!....
The missus wants to leave but me brother is a stubborn git. I’m burnt from Thursday and Friday. Been a laugh though.

The missus wants to leave but me brother is a stubborn git. I’m burnt from Thursday and Friday. Been a laugh though.

Back home in whitley bay drinking the rest of my cans and curry on order. The sun is cracking the pavements here.....

Left after peter hook who was superb. Kids gave it 10 out of 10 and want to come back next year!!

Marmozets were the best for me, also yonaka were fab too......hope the rain keeps off as it was brightening up when we left!!

First ever time at this festival. Cracking weekend. Favs where Shed 7, The Orielles, Slow Readers Club, and a cracking set from Plan B (not my type of thing but what a voice that lad has).
Some great smaller bands that I would never have seen (The Blinders, False Advertisings).
£5 for a beer, bit less for some real ale.
Some real "sites" on Friday in the heat, didn't expect to see bikinis and wellies!

Must admit for a 30k size festival it had a very friendly and hassle free nature to it. Plenty of pissed people but never saw a hint of trouble. Will defo be on our annual agenda going forward.

First ever time at this festival. Cracking weekend. Favs where Shed 7, The Orielles, Slow Readers Club, and a cracking set from Plan B (not my type of thing but what a voice that lad has).
Some great smaller bands that I would never have seen (The Blinders, False Advertisings).
£5 for a beer, bit less for some real ale.
Some real "sites" on Friday in the heat, didn't expect to see bikinis and wellies!

Must admit for a 30k size festival it had a very friendly and hassle free nature to it. Plenty of pissed people but never saw a hint of trouble. Will defo be on our annual agenda going forward.

My first time at a festival too and loved it. My kids (13 and 15) want to come back next year and have already asked if they can take friends which will be great as its such a friendy festival they can bugger off and do there own thing.

Just need to work on the missus now!!

We stayed in emperors field. Was an extra 100 odd quid but worth it for the closeness to the parking and the arena as well as having showers which werent actually that bad

My first time at a festival too and loved it. My kids (13 and 15) want to come back next year and have already asked if they can take friends which will be great as its such a friendy festival they can bugger off and do there own thing.

Just need to work on the missus now!!

We stayed in emperors field. Was an extra 100 odd quid but worth it for the closeness to the parking and the arena as well as having showers which werent actually that bad

We did a live in vehicle (motorhome) which was a fair hike but you got to see some states on the way, especially Saturday night! haha
We will defo go next year. Had ticket for my son, but he cried off worried about no internet!! Actually had good 4G all over.

Definitely safe for teenagers, great festival. Even saw few comedians to get out of the rain and they were good too!

Great weekend weather was mad either red hot or pissing down. Stayed in the posher bit where ya got a bed in a teepee thing. Deffo be back next year.

Couldn’t believe the number of people who went home Sunday citing the weather. Who goes to a 4 day festival then misses the last day cos it’s raining and a little bit muddy?
Anyway...overdid it a bit on Thursday and was dismissed from the main stage by my mates after I knocked a child over :lol: so I missed the Hacienda thing. Friday was the best day in the sun, highlight being the Elvis-Nirvana tribute band Elvana. Didn’t see much away from the main stage, but I enjoyed the lottery winners, and was pleasantly surprised by Plan B.

We did a live in vehicle (motorhome) which was a fair hike but you got to see some states on the way, especially Saturday night! haha
We will defo go next year. Had ticket for my son, but he cried off worried about no internet!! Actually had good 4G all over.

Definitely safe for teenagers, great festival. Even saw few comedians to get out of the rain and they were good too!
That was the biggest gripe of the festival for us. What network are you on? Nobody in our group could get any internet or signal. Yes, it said 4G and 2 or 3 bars, but nothing would go out. No text, messenger, whatsapp or browser, and even calls were a bit ropey. Was a nightmare to try and find people when they got lost. I spent 2 hours trying to find them on sat night. Was fine in previous years as well.

Last edited:
The bigger tents in Calling Out, Soapbox and Glow were big positives. The capacity was also managed a lot better for Basement Jaxx, unlike the crush for Faithless and Example last year.

Favourite act of the weekend: Tom Grennan, cracking performance and can really see him performing on bigger stages in the future. I found OCS boring - but the others in the group seemed to enjoy them.

He didn't go to a festival because the internet might not have worked? Have I read that right? :lol:

Clever aye.

It's not a waste of resources because they are a deterrent and that is the reason they are there.

No festival wants scenes of dogs going crackers at, what, a third of its punters who are carrying?

The odd unlucky one will be caught out otherwise they are there to deter.

If they really wanted to tackle drugs they could walk the dogs round the tents throughout the festival :lol:
The dogs were obviously on point this year. I’ve never seen so many drugs at a festival before. I was even sitting under a tree and a lad came over and asked if he could hide behind me to bosh a line out.

Reactions: mux
Interesting shift in drug attitudes as well. We were sitting round camp with some young uns and they were passing ketamine and E round like sherbert, but none of them smoked and declined a joint. Whereas 10-15 years ago everyone would have had a toke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back