Kendal Calling Rollcall

Go a69 and m6.
I would but I’ve got to meet @Quinninho on the a66.

Run dmc will be worth 30 minutes. Go and see horseman in the chai wallah. Saw him last year and he is immense. Black honey look good and there will plenty of other stuff knocking about. Very rarely see a headliner.
I’ve been listening to the Spotify playlist quite a bit but I’m still none the wiser about anyone below the top two tiers. My lot are generally main stage campers who are there for the crack, so we’ll have a rake about on the afternoon but it will be difficult to get anyone to wander after about 5 to look at people we’ve never heard of. Its easy when there are a couple of you but we’ve got about 20 this year.

Last edited:
Heading there on Friday 9am as we couldn't get the kids looked after for 4 nights.

Making my Kendal debut, can't wait as always fancied it.

Plan on seeing Tom Grennan, Shed7 and a few diff DJs. Also plan on getting hammered.

I would but I’ve got to meet @Quinninho on the a66.

I’ve been listening to the Spotify playlist quite a bit but I’m still none the wiser about anyone below the top two tiers. My lot are generally main stage campers who are there for the crack, so we’ll have a rake about on the afternoon but it will be difficult to get anyone to wander after about 5 to look at people we’ve never heard of. Its easy when there are a couple of you but we’ve got about 20 this year.
I just go and see what I want and meet up later. I have 10 people who are camping together but have another three sets of people I see during the weekend.Chai wallah is my fave but tim peaks, calling out, jazz tent and glow tent have been great in the past. Also strongbow yard is great fun. I would be happy if the main stage wasn't on. :lol:

It’s a cracking little festival but that lineup is minging this year
It caters well for the punters it gets imho.

Does anyone taking recreational substances in worry about being pulled by the drug dogs? It seems like every other person is on summat, but I’ve never seen those dogs point anyone out yet. I doubt people many people go to Howard Marks lengths to hide the scent, so what gives? Are they just for show?

Does anyone taking recreational substances in worry about being pulled by the drug dogs? It seems like every other person is on summat, but I’ve never seen those dogs point anyone out yet. I doubt people many people go to Howard Marks lengths to hide the scent, so what gives? Are they just for show?
When I was there 2 years ago I seen this lass get pulled. Tbf as soon as she seen the polis and the dogs she started acting really suspicious and started giggling and chatting on to them. She may as well have had a t shirt on saying "I've got drugs" :)

When I was there 2 years ago I seen this lass get pulled. Tbf as soon as she seen the polis and the dogs she started acting really suspicious and started giggling and chatting on to them. She may as well have had a t shirt on saying "I've got drugs" :)
I wonder what they do if they find anything? I guess it would be a caution for herb but back to the station for class A. Do they have the power to confiscate your ticket/wristband if it’s outside the venue?

They're for show mate and to scare people into using the amnesty bins.

Unless you absolutely stink of drugs then you are an idiot and deserve to have them confiscated :lol:

They're for show mate and to scare people into using the amnesty bins.

Unless you absolutely stink of drugs then you are an idiot and deserve to have them confiscated :lol:
So what’s the point of training dogs, taking them there’s and not using them? Seems a bit of a waste of resources. I must say I’ve been standing next to them with gear in my bag while my mate was petting them and not a flicker mind.
Actually, I was just reading how they work the other day. Proper ones at least. They smell the same way as we see, so if you put a red ball on an empty pool table, it’s easy to spot - that’s the smell they learn. Then if you put a hundred different coloured balls on, representing 100 other smells, it’s still piss easy to spot the red, despite it being masked by many other balls. Clever eh?

So what’s the point of training dogs, taking them there’s and not using them? Seems a bit of a waste of resources. I must say I’ve been standing next to them with gear in my bag while my mate was petting them and not a flicker mind.
Actually, I was just reading how they work the other day. Proper ones at least. They smell the same way as we see, so if you put a red ball on an empty pool table, it’s easy to spot - that’s the smell they learn. Then if you put a hundred different coloured balls on, representing 100 other smells, it’s still piss easy to spot the red, despite it being masked by many other balls. Clever eh?
Clever aye.

It's not a waste of resources because they are a deterrent and that is the reason they are there.

No festival wants scenes of dogs going crackers at, what, a third of its punters who are carrying?

The odd unlucky one will be caught out otherwise they are there to deter.

If they really wanted to tackle drugs they could walk the dogs round the tents throughout the festival :lol:

Clever aye.

It's not a waste of resources because they are a deterrent and that is the reason they are there.

No festival wants scenes of dogs going crackers at, what, a third of its punters who are carrying?

The odd unlucky one will be caught out otherwise they are there to deter.

If they really wanted to tackle drugs they could walk the dogs round the tents throughout the festival :lol:
And if they wanted to make thousands of arrests for drink driving they could test people as they left. Even if you take it easy Sunday, there’s no way you’re processing all those units by Monday. I just tried the safe to drive calculator with my projected Sunday booze alone and it said I’d be safe to drive by midnight on Wednesday.

I wonder what they do if they find anything? I guess it would be a caution for herb but back to the station for class A. Do they have the power to confiscate your ticket/wristband if it’s outside the venue?
A lad from work went to see Eric Prydz at Glasgow a few weeks ago told me that obviously the venue was rife with sniffer dogs etc and was saying that anyone caught with anything, as well as having their gear took off them weren't allowed in

I travel down Friday morning only been once before years ago think Dizee rascal and James were headliners. Staying in a tepee this year so no piss farting about when we get there. What's the crack smuggling drink into arena bit to save a bit of money??

I travel down Friday morning only been once before years ago think Dizee rascal and James were headliners. Staying in a tepee this year so no piss farting about when we get there. What's the crack smuggling drink into arena bit to save a bit of money??

I've never had any problems, took loads in last year and didn't drink it all so took it back out again. Think it's all about timing when you go in.

Back