Kendal Calling Rollcall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Herbal

Striker
Only a week to go to the best weekend of the year. Buzzing already - I started making preparations a fortnight ago.
What’s everyone’s travel and camping plans?
We are leaving at 8am on Thursday in the hope of getting enough space for 8 tents together but I fear even that might be too late. Would like to camp close to the main gate as well.
And after last year’s fuckaroo getting off the A66 at Penrith I’m thinking of stealing a march on the crowds and going via Kirkby Stephen and Tebay to the M6. Thoughts?

Only a week to go to the best weekend of the year. Buzzing already - I started making preparations a fortnight ago.
We are leaving at 8am on Thursday in the hope of getting enough space for 8 tents together but I fear even that might be too late. Would like to camp close to the main gate as well.
And after last year’s fuckaroo getting off the A66 at Penrith I’m thinking of stealing a march on the crowds and going via Kirkby Stephen and Tebay to the M6. Thoughts?

Heading over Wednesday afternoon. Just booked a family pod on Lowther caravan park for 50 quid yesterday so we can get there first thing on the thursday.

I would never be able able to get the missus and kids ready for an early start on the thursday, they would just twist on.

Staying in emperor fields. Never been before so looking forward to it. Hoping the weather is good. Looks ok at the moment

Heading over Wednesday afternoon. Just booked a family pod on Lowther caravan park for 50 quid yesterday so we can get there first thing on the thursday.

I would never be able able to get the missus and kids ready for an early start on the thursday, they would just twist on.

Staying in emperor fields. Never been before so looking forward to it. Hoping the weather is good. Looks ok at the moment

Len :cool:

Don’t think you would need an early start for the emperors field anyway. My mates just keep buying bigger and bigger tents so we need a git big space.

Kendal is fantastic. Always see loads of stuff I would never venture out to see. The decades fall off once through the gate and have a fantastic time with my mates.
Leaving 9 on Thursday and stay in quiet camp. Always knackered by 3 am when I get back to tent.

Bit late for you Harry innit?

me, just friday though, as the ticket was free, dont know whos on and dont care. im there to get splattered
My mates came Friday last year and I went out to meet them when they were “on site”. Gave up after about a hour of waiting and they finally arrived at our camp 3 hours later. God knows where they ended up parking. This is why I go on Thursdays.

Kendal is fantastic. Always see loads of stuff I would never venture out to see. The decades fall off once through the gate and have a fantastic time with my mates.
Leaving 9 on Thursday and stay in quiet camp. Always knackered by 3 am when I get back to tent.
I never even managed to get into the sleeping bag two nights last year. Woke up on the porch floor.

Last edited:
The day splits were released yesterday. The Saturday is a bit disappointing, currently listing to a couple of bands on YouTube that are playing that day - Yonaka sound good.

Shame Catfish and Tom Grennan clash on the Friday. Enjoyed the stongbow yard last year, and wonder what the new dance area is like, map out later this week.

First time in Emperors Fields - can't imagine that much difference tbh.

Going to do the drinks shop this weekend.

Who’s looking after the spazs?

The day splits were released yesterday. The Saturday is a bit disappointing, currently listing to a couple of bands on YouTube that are playing that day - Yonaka sound good.

Shame Catfish and Tom Grennan clash on the Friday. Enjoyed the stongbow yard last year, and wonder what the new dance area is like, map out later this week.

First time in Emperors Fields - can't imagine that much difference tbh.

Going to do the drinks shop this weekend.
You’ve got to watch at least some of Run DMC on Saturday. I hope it doesn’t clash with Grandmaster Flash though. And I’ll probably get pelters for this but I quite fancy seeing Lucy Spraggan.

Shame Catfish and Tom Grennan clash on the Friday. Enjoyed the stongbow yard last year, and wonder what the new dance area is like, map out
Run dmc will be worth 30 minutes. Go and see horseman in the chai wallah. Saw him last year and he is immense. Black honey look good and there will plenty of other stuff knocking about. Very rarely see a headliner.

Go a69 and m6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back