Kendal Calling Rollcall

So when are we scheduling the SMB meet up? Saturday 3pm is a time we’re unlikely to forget.

Also, there’s a distinct lack of brass bands this year. Which is a shame.

I hope everybody going enjoys themselves.

Personally, I've never understood those who wish to camp (why would anyone over 19 do that?) in a potentially muddy field watching bands/artists that only a handful will have ever heard of (or even with a stream of headliners for that matter) and having to use crappy portaloos after paying for overpriced food and drink.

I've never understood the attraction (even as a youngun) and always liked my comfort too much!

As I said though, I hope everybody going enjoys themselves.

Personally, I've never understood those who wish to camp (why would anyone over 19 do that?) in a potentially muddy field watching bands/artists that only a handful will have ever heard of (or even with a stream of headliners for that matter) and having to use crappy portaloos after paying for overpriced food and drink.

I've never understood the attraction (even as a youngun) and always liked my comfort too much!

Aye but you’re a boring owld bastard.

It's being in a totally different environment with a load of mates and like minded people having loads of fun.

Airbed for sleeping on and you are knackered so you get a good nights kip. Loads of laughs outside the tent and loads of tents and stages with talented people who entertain you.

I'm 56 and I'm looking forward to this year just as much if not more than the other years i've been.

Aye but you’re a boring owld bastard.
And this

It's being in a totally different environment with a load of mates and like minded people having loads of fun.

Airbed for sleeping on and you are knackered so you get a good nights kip. Loads of laughs outside the tent and loads of tents and stages with talented people who entertain you.

I'm 56 and I'm looking forward to this year just as much if not more than the other years i've been.

And this
Music, drink, mates, decent weather, leave home worries back home. What’s not to like. I suppose if you have to flee the country in the cover of darkness and are looking in at this one may become slightly bitter.

And this

Enjoy yourself marra.

It’s certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, but if you get the bug, there’s nothing can compare to it. The first time I went to one I was hooked and there’s nowhere I’d rather be next weekend.

Camping is part of the experience. If you just tipped up every day fresh and clean, it would be no different to going to a gig. And besides, some people actually enjoy camping you know. I don’t think “ffs here we go with the camping again”. I love the campsite experience. And as for the other things you mention, it’s all exciting. If you go on a package holiday for example, everything is organised for you and you tend to just bumble through the week. But when simple tasks like going to the bog are a challenge, it makes it all so much more intesting. Then there’s the whole optional level of doing it all while off your face on booze or whatever else floats your boat.
But the single greatest thing for me is that everyone there is there by choice and for the same reason. You don’t get blokes dragged along by their lasses. Everyone is there for a party and everyone has a smile on their face. You can talk to anyone without them being suspicious of your motive. And nobody gives a shit what you look like or what state you’re in.

He's hanging on for Thailand Calling.
Ken Do Calling

One of my mates is selling tickets including parking, posh toilets(*) and some other stuff for £300 if anyone is interested.

* - I don’t do festivals so I don’t know if this is a thing.

Back